Weather Widgets Donate vs. Beautiful Widgets

ejbaca03

Reaction score
Last I heard was that HTC had filed against the App dev. for copyright infringement. The Dev. did change it though and it should be up now.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not back up yet. There is another thread around here and it said it should be back up today

stevo95

Reaction score
Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Just need some opinions, I have both of these and I can't decide which to use. WW donate is skinable and has the link for an additional weather app (i use weatherbug). BW has cool weather animation and looks a little slicker.

Any thoughts?

TIA

p.s. I LOVE MY DROID!!!!!

I prefer weather widgets donate, quite happy with size and placement. How do you link to another weather app on it?

SirSyeco

Reaction score
+1 Beautiful Widgets

I paid for WW Donate first because I liked how the weather looked on the widget. I then paid for Beautiful Widget's because of the sweet animations. I was dissapointed at first because I hated the flipclock (non-original, schitcky) but I stuck it out bc I loved the animated weather so much.

Well, the lawsuit thing or whatever was the best for me bc it forced them to change the look of the clock which I immediately LOVED. It fit the look of the phone, looks cool, and was original. BAM.

..as far as I'm concerned, anything else they add to Beautifull Widgets is just cake. :D :icon_ banana:

Aluminum21

Reaction score
I'm also was having trouble deciding between the two, when I decided to go with BW it gets taken down

tvBilly

Reaction score
...WW donate is skinable and has the link for an additional weather app (i use weatherbug)...
I prefer weather widgets donate, quite happy with size and placement. How do you link to another weather app on it?

I'd like to confirm this too. What I really want is a 1x1 icon that shows me the current weather, (just like WWfree does), but I want a press on it to link to another weather program. If WWdonate has this, my choice is made. Though the big clock and skins are nice, I just want a 1x1 that knows where I am, and updates it's little picture and the temperature when the screen is unlocked. If I want more than that, a press on its icon will take me to the Google News & Weather application, which has the exact weather report I want.

(I am discouraged about the reports in the android market that WWdonate doesn't always update the weather and/or the clock, and/or the geolocation).

Love my Droid!

Billy

skidemn

Reaction score
...WW donate is skinable and has the link for an additional weather app (i use weatherbug)...

I'd like to confirm this too. What I really want is a 1x1 icon that shows me the current weather, (just like WWfree does), but I want a press on it to link to another weather program. If WWdonate has this, my choice is made. Though the big clock and skins are nice, I just want a 1x1 that knows where I am, and updates it's little picture and the temperature when the screen is unlocked. If I want more than that, a press on its icon will take me to the Google News & Weather application, which has the exact weather report I want.

(I am discouraged about the reports in the android market that WWdonate doesn't always update the weather and/or the clock, and/or the geolocation).

Love my Droid!

Billy

I have both, but use the BW over WWDonate because of the issue peeps are reporting- doesn't update position well and has lost settings on me several times. BW is excellent in all respects far as I'm concerned.

tvBilly

Reaction score
Does your WWDonate support launching another application when you click on the widget?
Does BW support this function (and a 1x1 icon)?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Does your WWDonate support launching another application when you click on the widget?

Why not just get The Weather Channel app, it has the 1x1 Widget(plus a larger one) with the details you want and when you press it it goes the the Weather Channel app which is the same weather info and forcast that the New and Weather app has (both use Weather Channel).

tvBilly

Reaction score

Why not just get The Weather Channel app, it has the 1x1 Widget(plus a larger one) with the details you want and when you press it it goes the the Weather Channel app which is the same weather info and forcast that the New and Weather app has (both use Weather Channel).
I don't care at all for the Weather Channel widget icon (blechh), and I much prefer the Google News & Weather application, even though it uses the same data.

So I ask my (still unanswered question): Does WWDonate support launching another application when you click on its widget?

whoster69

Reaction score
Still no sign of Beautiful Weather in the Android Marketplace. Please post here if someone sees it or knows when it is available again.

Thanks.

Whoster

blowdryl

Reaction score
WWDonate does all this, you can choose widget size. (Sounds like the one you want is called "Tiny"). you can also link it to other programs. I link to weather bug for more detailed forecasts and satellite imaging etc.

whoster69

Reaction score
WWDonate does all this, you can choose widget size. (Sounds like the one you want is called "Tiny"). you can also link it to other programs. I link to weather bug for more detailed forecasts and satellite imaging etc.

Can it be linked to Weather Forecast Widget Donate?

whoster69

Reaction score
Well, I hunted around and found some more news on this story...

It seems HTC has asked to review the new code for the revised Beautiful Widgets. That is why it was pulled from the market a second time. Hopefully it will be back soon. I would think if HTC takes too long to inspect the new code, he would have a claim of damages since they have kept this off the market, especially around Christmas. ;)

Anyway, here is a link to a thread that explains it in more detail. Hope this helps better inform people. Beautiful Widgets - Android Central Forums