Weather location

erickwood

Reaction score
Hey,

I am using an HTC Incredible. I live in Idaho, but according to my weather app I am in Albaquerqe New Mexico. When I open my maps app it says I am in New Mexico and the will eventually change to my location, but the weather app will not. I have tried a battery reset and a factory reset and nothing works. I have also turned on and off the 3 GPS systems, but there is no way to reset them. I also know that my wife's phone and also one of her friends are having the same issue.

Erickson

AngryHatter

Reaction score
What app is this?
MyCast Weather has a bug with the latest update.
And they know about it.

OP
E

erickwood

Reaction score
Hey it is the widget on that comes on the phone. It is a combo clock/weather widget

Borntodroid

Reaction score
I live in Idaho and have the same problem. I stopped at the Verizon store today. They said it was a known Google problem. I am tired of it. Can't get weather or maps to work. Can't find any info doing Google search. Any ideas?

Lenagainster

Reaction score

Chapdudes

Reaction score
Hey all, I had the same issue and called verizon to get the answer. Type *228 and then select option 2. This resets your roaming towers to local towers. Good luck!

thunder2

Reaction score
Easiest way to fix it. I know it seems like a lot but its worth it. Long hold the clock/weather widget on home screen then remove. Then long hold the home screen and click widget and hit clock. Choose the clock and add location should pop up. DO NOT choose current location or you will have the same problems. Type in the location you want and then select it. Problem solved. Hope this helped.

Alchemist945

Reaction score
My dinc2 is doing this now I can't even use the weather channel app Verizon needs to fix this now

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums