Droid not finding location on News & Weather app

dhinged

Reaction score
When I am out of GPS range (in a building for instance) the News and Weather app has been unable to find my location while Maps has been able to. I don't understand this. It seems it is only trying to check GPS and ignoring Wifi and 3G. I have it set to automatically find location and to use GPS, Wifi, and 3G. It only works when I get back into GPS range. Any ideas?

MrkGpSE

Reaction score
Droid News & Weather 3g

I am having similar problems. I suspect 3g is no longer what it used to be, intentionally forcing the 4g choice. My News & Weather app is also having troubles connecting to the internet while other apps tested have connection. I am looking at learning how to remove it. The standard "remove app method" does not apply to this app which came with Driod.

To do this I found Just root it but it looks like a whole new profession! Any Ideas?

When I am out of GPS range (in a building for instance) the News and Weather app has been unable to find my location while Maps has been able to. I don't understand this. It seems it is only trying to check GPS and ignoring Wifi and 3G. I have it set to automatically find location and to use GPS, Wifi, and 3G. It only works when I get back into GPS range. Any ideas?

OP
dhinged

dhinged

Reaction score
I am having similar problems. I suspect 3g is no longer what it used to be, intentionally forcing the 4g choice. My News & Weather app is also having troubles connecting to the internet while other apps tested have connection. I am looking at learning how to remove it. The standard "remove app method" does not apply to this app which came with Driod.

The 4g choice? Droid doesn't support 4G.

OP
dhinged

dhinged

Reaction score
4g option is to buy a new phone ;:)mad:

I see. 3G should be around for several more years because 4G won't be fully implemented until late 2013, and 3G is the backup when 4G isn't available, so Verizon should be supporting accurate locations from 3G.