Weather and Toggle Widget

Fizban22

Reaction score
so i downloaded the Weather and Toggle widget on my Droid X and its worked perfectly for the last couple weeks...

but for the last couple days the weather wont update... its stuck on 93 degrees and partially cloudy for the past 2 days

any ideas what the problem is?

my one guess is that the developer is screwing up...
my second thought is maybe an update came out for it so that it wont work on 2.1 but will work again once Froyo comes out

Orio

Reaction score
Google weather is the culprit here...not updating. Beautiful Widgets having same issue...

It's not the developer. :)

OP
F

Fizban22

Reaction score
oh true...

well i hope they fix it. this is by far my favorite app it replaces the boring weather/clock widgets that come with the Moto X and gives it a little more pizaz!

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I haven't been paying attention to the weather or temp, so I could also be having this problem, but I don't know. What I do know is that the flip clock frequently gets stuck, failing to update. On more than one occasion this has caused me to be late for something, because it's only natural to look at the giant flip clock that takes up half the screen instead of the tiny one in the taskbar. I've had this problem with ADW, LauncherPro, and the stock launcher. With ADW and LP I tried asl the different settings and nothing worked. I'm running BB.4.

machnhed

Reaction score
I haven't been paying attention to the weather or temp, so I could also be having this problem, but I don't know. What I do know is that the flip clock frequently gets stuck, failing to update. On more than one occasion this has caused me to be late for something, because it's only natural to look at the giant flip clock that takes up half the screen instead of the tiny one in the taskbar. I've had this problem with ADW, LauncherPro, and the stock launcher. With ADW and LP I tried asl the different settings and nothing worked. I'm running BB.4.

In the clock/weather options, you can turn on the "weather service indication," which will always keep your clock live. I've been having this same problem the last few days as well, so I just turned on that option today... not sure how much of a battery drain it will be having a live connection like that...

Zack

GrillMouster

Reaction score
It should just work without having to enable an additional data service that uses up resouces and batteries. Also, I can't stand the persistant notification in the taskbar when this is enabled. I'll try it again, but I think when I tried it initially a month ago it didn't fix the problem. I removed the widget, uninstalled the app from the phone, rebooted the phone, re-installed the app and widget, and it still didn't fix the problem. Like I said, I'll try it again.

machnhed

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't like the persistent icon and extra running service either... just trying this as a temporary fix. Hadn't really had any problems with the widget until like a week or so ago... then all hell broke loose with it.