Way to register to Google without reactivating phone. Droid Rooted

xmguy

Reaction score
Ok.

A little history. I bought my Droid a few months back. But got behind on my bill and had to self suspend my account to get caught up. So during this down time. I rooted my phone and used WiFi.

For weeks now I've been battling with a WiFi issue. To find out if the hardware or SW was to blame I reflashed the OS BACK to 2.0.1 and let it update to 2.2. Still didn't work. So I reflashed SPRecovery back on but forgot to go back to 2.0.1. So I kinda semi bricked my phone. I flashed back to 2.0.1 and then Flashed SPRecovery. Only issue 2.0.1 would not boot at all. So I used a nandroid backup to restore 2.1 rooted and all seemed well. Until I tried to access the market. Since I've been going between 2.1 and 2.2 I've become well versed in how to restore defaults to re-sign in to Google's servers on 2.1 after being on 2.2. Except this time around. My phone booted up and it was roaming and had no previous phone info so it was requesting to be activated which I cannot do. So what CAN I do to re-sign in to Google's server WITHOUT having to reactivate my phone to VZW?

Thanks!

AtrusNex

Reaction score
I might be misunderstanding the situation, but I believe you can solve your problem by switching into airplane mode then turning on wifi. It will allow you to use the phone as needed and even connect to the internet without having to activate it.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I forgot I can manually program my phone number into the phone. I did that and it worked. I just want my 2.1 back