Help asap! Stuck

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
so i bought and rooted droid and runnign bbv9 everything went fine....

friend bought a droid today they updated and put 2.1 on for him. I reflashed with normal 2.0.1 and I just rooted did dideverything step by step but even after i had sprecovery installed it kept saying install now or later for the 2.1 update........because right before i rooted he got the update thing again....well i got to the step to install bbv9 and install it and it went to a boot loop....well i restored it to his priginal back up and once again stuck at moto sign....well the i did the back to stock thats provided amd still nothing stuck at the sign i dont understand what happend or what went wrong...could the update notification of had anything to do with it??? im reflashing his phoen once again back to 2.0.1 but he still wants to do this i just dont know what coul dhave went wrong

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If the update has been pushed and is on the sd card then that me be causing the problem with rooting. Can you get to recovery image.

Just a suggestion for future purposes it would be a good idea to point them to the forums so they can learn to root themselves. And this is why; if something happens with the device now you are responsible. Also if something happens later on down the line and you rooted for him, then he will not learn how to fix his problems. He will just be calling you every time there is an issue.
Rooting is something the user need to do themselves; and if they do not know how to do it then they need to read and learn until they can.

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
I just reflashed with the sbf like i did to get back to 2.0.1 without the update....I figured it was the update on the card messing things up so what i sthe file name so i can tel him so he can delete it when he wants to do it I didn't think it would mess things up like that though...I wish i didnt reflash back because i could have put his sdcard in the card reader and took it off. then just restored phone now he will have to do everything over...

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you did sbf it should be removed

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
yeah it was removed but as soon and we shut phone off and back on it pops right back up....this is why im confused . he told the verizon tech when he got the phone do not do the update and they did it anyway. which i figured i could do sbf which i did and half way through rooting it popped up with the install now or later. which after all problems and going back to 2.0.1 again we rebooted phoen and whamp pop up is back again

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah thats right; it either is still on your sdcard or everytime you do sbf it installs.

Because I do not have the update.zip I am not 100% sure on this. But you could replace the update.zip with another update.zip (ie the unroot file). Or just take the update and wait for root access later.
There are people who installed the update and removed it later. Is your friend the hacking type. This is why I ask. 2.1 ota is a good system update but removes root as we know it for now. For the casual user it will not bother them much because they just want something that work.
Because he can remove it later I would suggest he install and play with the device. Have fun and learn the device before trying to root. Root is not the end all solution and almost everything you can do with a rooted phone you can do with an unrooted phone except for major themes changes. But with helixlauncher and pdanet you have the feature needed to enjoy the device.
Just saying; the 2.1 update is not all that bad. I am used to o/c but I only have it between 600-800 and to be honest webpages load up maybe a few seconds faster.

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
yeah i think I may just tell him to install it and wait till they have a root and what not for the 2.1 because I dont know whatthe file is to take it off and he def cant do this stuff on his own yet. I agree he should prbably learn the device first. I mean I do sbf and we click install later but then as soo as I root it and reboot it pops back up then sprecovery and it pops back up so Im think its on his card somewhere I'd have to look and figure out what the filename is so maybe ill see what happends in the next few weeks with 2.1 rooting. thanks for the help but if you do end up comin across the file name for the 2.1 on the card that would be great.
Thanks again

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
anyone have any luck on knowing what the file name is and where its stored at yet? this would be great so the update can be removed before install because I still dont know why when i root and install sprecovery again its not blocking the update