Need help: Reset my droid completely back to stock

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP, what version of Windows (XP, Vista, 7) are you running? Many have had success using XP. I use a Mac so this is just a thought.

Mike

OP
reloaded.89

reloaded.89

Reaction score
OP, what version of Windows (XP, Vista, 7) are you running? Many have had success using XP. I use a Mac so this is just a thought.

Mike

using windows 7. i launch rsd lite with administrative privileges

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is the recommended/suggested method. Not sure what to advise. Sorry.

Mike

OP
reloaded.89

reloaded.89

Reaction score
i've been using rsdlite and launching the bootloader. whenever i try to use rsd with an sbf file other than the one i used to root it, rsd tells me: Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. (0x7100); phone is connected

OP
reloaded.89

reloaded.89

Reaction score
so i found another copy of the stock sbf file and was able to get rsd to flash my droid with it. idk why the other copy didn't work, they were both listed as stock esd56 sbf files

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
so i found another copy of the stock sbf file and was able to get rsd to flash my droid with it. idk why the other copy didn't work, they were both listed as stock esd56 sbf files

Bad download/corrupt file strikes again. Glad you got it fixed.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, I have a question. I want to root my Droid, but since my wife works for Verizon Wireless she does not want me to in case something happens to the phone. I told her that if I root then I could always switch back to an unrooted version. She said she asked one of the techs that work in her store and he said yes you could switch back to a stock version, but they could tell if the phone had been rooted if they know what to look for. He claims that the process they use to install everything is a little different than what we would do here. So my question to everyone is how true is this? I always thought that if you flash it back to stock then it would be identical to what it is like right out of the box.
Yes it does, fully stock, you might have to wipe data and cache, but I think that this does it for you

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've heard folks say both are true (VZW can and can not tell) The most compelling, however, was -- most times the tech and CS reps are too busy and do/will not take time to look deep enough to tell.

Two thoughts- why would you want to return the phone? Second, if you wipe the internal memory and reformat the SD card my sense is the VZW folks will not spend any time investigating.

Mike

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Two thoughts- why would you want to return the phone?
I don't want to return it. The only way I would return it is if something went bad on it while it was still under warranty. My wife is just scared that if I root it and it breaks then I couldn't get another without having to pay for it. My old phone I had to warranty exchange it three times (HTC Touch Pro), and one of the times the screen just quit working. In case like that I think she is worried that they would be able to see that the phone was rooted and not let me exchange it.