How do I remove SPRecovery from my Droid

wktclwn

Reaction score
I recently rooted my droid, and put Froyo 2.2 on it. I changed my mind, and restored my phone back 2.1 through SPRecovery to get it back to the way I had it before I rooted it. Now how do I remove SPRecovery from it so it's back to being an unrooted droid?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Flash 2.0.1 sbf, and ota to 2.1

OP
wktclwn

wktclwn

Reaction score
If I do this, will I lose everything I have on my phone, as in, all my contacts, apps, themes, settings and such? I would like it to look exactly how I have it now, just with SPRecovery removed, so when I do Power+X it doesnt go into SPRecovery, it just goes into what it did before the phone rooted. Thanks with the help so far

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't believe it's possible to flash the stock recovery over a custom recovery...hopefully another RS member can confirm/deny.

OP
wktclwn

wktclwn

Reaction score
So there is no way of removing/uninstalling SPRecovery from the droid, unless starting completely from scratch and having to redownload all my apps/games, themes and etc.?

Also, if I have SPRecovery on my droid, and ever have to take it into Verizon, does that void the warranty? If not, I'm not so worried about having it on there.

Last edited:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To my knowledge you can't install stock recovery seperate from the whole stock rom. And yes it voids your warranty.

OP
wktclwn

wktclwn

Reaction score
Ok, since I'm more then likely gonna have to start from scratch to get SPRecovery off, will MyBackup Pro be some of help in getting most of what I had on my droid back on there?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Astro should be fine for backing up apps.

OP
wktclwn

wktclwn

Reaction score
Alright, thanks for all the help. Gonna get cracking on getting my droid back to the way I had it. Thanks again!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Np have fun

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you flashed the 2.0.1 sbf it wouldn't be on there...you probably restored it with astro.

OP
wktclwn

wktclwn

Reaction score
Fixed it, you were right, flashed the right sbf file, and got me back to stock, and used MyBackup Pro to get me back to how I had everything before quickly. Thanks again for all the help!

joshjunior

Reaction score
funny how the search bar helps when you use it :). i was just going to make a new post and found this one..
i have a similar ?. i want to swap from sprecovery to clockwork mod since i dl the rom manager off the market. Is the best way to do this just to start all over? i currently have my stock 2.1 version saved on sp fyi.