Way to make a phone "look" stock for VZW Store rep?

xmguy

Reaction score
I've got to take my new Bionic to a VZW store tomorrow for a rep to look at some damage that was caused during Motorola making the phone. However I don't want to SBF/FXZ and restore my phone to stock for something that may be nothing to worry about (damage from Motorola). Is there an app to "hide" apps from appearing in the app drawer that are root (SU) and root related. Just so the rep won't know or even have a clue the phone is rooted. Just incase they were to look. So it "appears" like it's totally stock. Ideas?

Last edited:

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
As long as you haven't modded anything, I suppose you could just get Launcher Pro (or similar launcher) and hide superuser and all your root apps from showing in the app drawer. Make sure they aren't on your homescreen either. :p

Sent from my CushZero using DroidForums

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I .bak 'ed the Bloatware however. But I guess I can undo it. Is there any other way? It just needs to look stock not be it.

666ogre666

Reaction score
You'd probably be safest with a nandroid backup and an sbf to stock. It'd suck much more to get your warranty revoked then go though a little extra work.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
You'd probably be safest with a nandroid backup and an sbf to stock. It'd suck much more to get your warranty revoked then go though a little extra work.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

This.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Ok is there a one click root app for the Bionic that doesn't require a computer?

M

Mullensbb

Motorola damaged the phone during making it?

M

Mullensbb

So basically you're saying you bought the phone damage and you left the store with it damage? I don't think verizon is gonna believe you that the phone was already damaged and you're just now noticing it...

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
So basically you're saying you bought the phone damage and you left the store with it damage? I don't think verizon is gonna believe you that the phone was already damaged and you're just now noticing it...

No I got it in the Mail. It was damaged on arrival. I tend to check for things like that. They have record. The second it came and I opened it. I called VZW and reported it. So VZW can see the hand off. It wasn't even active yet. I wonder what Motorola was doing though. They also messed the screen up. On the top left and right corners of the phone screen. The display light bleeds though the edges. I don't know. Maybe they are making them so quick. I honestly don't know. I ended up NOT taking my phone to the store. My account is locked up for exchanges of any kind til they get ONE of my Bionic's back in the warehouse.

Winteryfresh

Reaction score
So you rooted a phone that was obviously broken?

+ 1 an sbf would make it completely stock since it sounds like your phone is super messed up and will need to be replaced.