watching imported videos

hardcoresteve

Reaction score
Ok so the other night I was tryin to find new stuff on the droid, like new folders and what not. I was connected to my desktop and transferred a movie onto my sd card, however I can't find it on the phone. I can only find it while searching my phone via s computer. Am I looking in the wrong spots for the video while on my phone? Any suggestions? Thanks yall

xwera43

Reaction score
Should be on your SD card. If you've looked there and it isn't showing up, it may be in a format that cannot be played by the app you're using to look/play it.

~X

skidemn

Reaction score
Go to Gallery...

If the video is in a playable format you can see it in the Gallery (stock app) and it will be in a video folder there. You can play it using Movies or another downloaded app (I use Meridian). Just make sure it is in a Droid compatible format!

iclickjohn

Reaction score
which is mp4
some will say res at 854x480.
I always use 720 x (let Handbrake determine H) because it is the native resolution of the built in video camera. When viewing video/movie 720 still goes to the outside edges and is very sharp. Also, you should not set both dimensions. When you do that, you are telling the file to stretch or squeeze the original dimensions (unless the original ones are the same as what you put in). The only time that I would put in the H instead of W is for TV or any other 4:3 format. Then you will get max size top to bottom and leave W blank so it will go to native. And remember W is the first dimension and H is the second i.e. WxH. (Handbrake always puts a 480 in the W box, that isn't what you want there)
Instead of asking about handbrake on this thread, search the forums. You will find exhaustive information on why and how it works, as well as other converter choices.

Last edited:

T0DD

Reaction score
I just wanted to note that as long as your droid is mounted to your computer, you will not be able to see the videos you just transfered to your droid.

You need to unplug it in order to view the videos in Meridian or the stock music folder.

Oh! One Eleven

Reaction score
Do you know of an app that will allow me to store and retrieve text documents, i.e. Excel and Word and Power Point?