Importing Pictures

tender82

Reaction score
I was uploading my pictures using Windows 7 and the automatic import tool and it's finding EVERY picture on my phone... including twitter user images, album covers, etc.

Does anyone have an easy way to import and auto-organize the pictures when bringing them over to the computer?

I would love to have the ability to select which folder to import using the windows automatic importer tool, but I don't see that option.

Any suggestions?

crspang

Reaction score
I find it easier to browse the SD card like you would using "my computer". Just browse to DCIM and select the pictures you want and copy and paste. In fact I find it much easier to browse the SD card for everything including music, I've never been a big fan of autosynching software, especially iTunes.

altjx

Reaction score
I find it easier to browse the SD card like you would using "my computer". Just browse to DCIM and select the pictures you want and copy and paste. In fact I find it much easier to browse the SD card for everything including music, I've never been a big fan of autosynching software, especially iTunes.

Good point, browsing is alot faster than going through software. That way you can see exactly what's going on and you can be more specific when copy to or from the phone.

OP
tender82

tender82

Reaction score
I just like how the Windows auto-import puts it in the appropriate date folder (and can tag automatically if I want it to).

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

pennyb617

Reaction score
I'm new at this. How do you browse the SD card. The same thing happened to me when I tried to import 4 pics, I got 248.

pennyb617

Reaction score
importing pictures to windows photo gallery

I'm new at this. How do you browse the SD card? I tried to import 4 pics and got 248 from everyplace on earth.

OP
tender82

tender82

Reaction score
I've noticed that the above posters are right... although it's not as 'automatic' to just go and grab your pictures, it's your best way as of now, unfortunately. I'd love to use the windows auto-import, but it brings in wayyyyyy too many pictures!

dorlisa

Reaction score
When I import my pictures to Windows 7, two copies are imported. How can I fix this? One will be a big copy, second is like a smaller version.