Can't for the life of me figure out how to simply transfer photos from phone to PC

BigRedEO

Reaction score
I have only had my Droid 4 a couple of months. I want to get most of the photos off my phone and simply copy them into a folder on my PC. I plug in my phone via USB cable and first it tried to "automatically" import the pictures for me, but all it did was copy them over as thumbnail size. Another option off the Droid 4 window that came up was to "Transfer Photos", but it didn't let me select the photos - it "found" them for me. But the photos were all photos of my friends profile pictures from Facebook, Twitter, etc, not from my Gallery. The Backup Assistant Plus opens up and I do a Select all of, say, the videos, but the only options are to "Upload" to YouTube, Photobucker or Flickr. I cannot for the life of me find a simple "Copy". I just want to copy the pictures/videos into a photo on my PC, then find a fast way to go through and select the photos I want deleted off my phone to free up space. I've wasted hours this afternoon trying to figure this out.

Any help?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DF BigRed! Let's see if we can help you get this done. Connect to your pc and select the USB mass storage option on your phone. You should get a pop-up on your pc, select "open folder to view files." Find where your pictures are stored on your sd card (usually in a folder called DCIM). Copy and paste the ones you want to save on yoru pc. Open the pics from the folder on your pc to check to make sure they are the pic and not the thumbnail (you can also tell by the size of the pic). Once you have your pics securely saved on your pc, you can delete them from the folder on your phone. Hope this helps. Keep us posted.... let us know if you have any more questions.

OP
B

BigRedEO

Reaction score
THANK YOU!! The problem was all these other apps were opening first on my PC to try and "assist" me (Microsoft and their "here let us do everything for you" programming - sheesh) - Backup Assistant, Roxio - some other Windows files and FINALLY the little tiny option that said "view files". I am in the midst of sorting, copying, deleting etc!

THANK YOU!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You are welcome! And an extra bonus if you want to turn all that garbage off when you connect your phone to the computer... go to your task list and right click on the "Motorola Device Manager" and tell it to "do nothing" when "Device connects."

Yee Ha, doesn't that feel good!