Was buying this phone a good call?

GSdub510

Reaction score
A couple days ago I upgraded my Fascinate to the RAZR Maxx. The reason why I got it is because it's the best 4G LTE phone and I heard Verizon is getting rid of unlimited very soon. But I'll feel stupid if the Droid HD or SGS3 comes out before that.

But I do like the build quality, Motorola radios, and battery life. What do you think?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
A couple days ago I upgraded my Fascinate to the RAZR Maxx. The reason why I got it is because it's the best 4G LTE phone and I heard Verizon is getting rid of unlimited very soon. But I'll feel stupid if the Droid HD or SGS3 comes out before that.

But I do like the build quality, Motorola radios, and battery life. What do you think?

With the prices going down on the razr/maxx, I believe that the new moto phone will be announced in the next month, released, idk. This is just a hunch. I don't know any.ore than you do.

As far as the maxx, well I like em. I own 2 of em :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

SallyC

Reaction score

"Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience." Victoria Holt

steven.rn

Reaction score

I did the exact same thing a few days ago, and I am tickled pink. I had the same reasons you did; moto radios, battery life, and quality. The screen is quite pleasing; I had a rezound that had superb resolution but I'm just as happy with the Razr Maxx.

I was going to be a hardcore holdout for a 5 inch phone, or at least a bigger screen... but I realized that when I really want screen real estate, I pull out the tablet- I have a Nook Color and an Asus Transformer 300 (love that tab!). The Maxx will feed them both WiFi with that great radio, so its the best of both worlds.

One other, and BIG consideration... was that the Moto call quality is the best of any phone I've had. Sammy, HTC, etc., they are good phones but just don't have the voice transmission quality of the Razr. I want to hear and be heard well; that's the basic reason I have a phone anyway.

I put a MAXX and a GNEX side by side, and I thought the screen size on the gnex would be a big factor.. but the extra .3 inch really doesn't make that much difference. Maybe a 5 inch would stand out a lot by comparison. I can't see having much buyer's regret over that. I have a solid phone with unlimited for 2 more years, at least. Works for me.

Cheers,

SteveRN

Last edited:
OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
steven.rn said:
I did the exact same thing a few days ago, and I am tickled pink. I had the same reasons you did; moto radios, battery life, and quality. The screen is quite pleasing; I had a rezound that had superb resolution but I'm just as happy with the Razr Maxx.

I was going to be a hardcore holdout for a 5 inch phone, or at least a bigger screen... but I realized that when I really want screen real estate, I pull out the tablet- I have a Nook Color and an Asus Transformer 300 (love that tab!). The Maxx will feed them both WiFi with that great radio, so its the best of both worlds.

One other, and BIG consideration... was that the Moto call quality is the best of any phone I've had. Sammy, HTC, etc., they are good phones but just don't have the voice transmission quality of the Razr. I want to hear and be heard well; that's the basic reason I have a phone anyway.

I put a MAXX and a GNEX side by side, and I thought the screen size on the gnex would be a big factor.. but the extra .3 inch really doesn't make that much difference. Maybe a 5 inch would stand out a lot by comparison. I can't see having much buyer's regret over that. I have a solid phone with unlimited for 2 more years, at least. Works for me.

Cheers,

SteveRN

I am on the same boat as you. I was comparing the nexus with the maxx forever at verizon. But my sammy didn't have great reception and i hate the plastic build.

As for wifi, do you use foxfi? It wasn't working when I tried it yesterday but it worked flawlessly on my sammy. Free mobile hotspot FTW!

steven.rn

Reaction score
I am on the same boat as you. I was comparing the nexus with the maxx forever at verizon. But my sammy didn't have great reception and i hate the plastic build.

As for wifi, do you use foxfi? It wasn't working when I tried it yesterday but it worked flawlessly on my sammy. Free mobile hotspot FTW!

No to FoxFi. I just rooted and use WiFi tether. Works perfectly, and this phone is soooo ez to root (one click).

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I use foxfi, and it works just fine. Hmmm, odd that it won't work for you.

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
Really, do you mind showing me where? And I'm assuming you got rid of all the bloatware -___- what else have you done to the phone with root?

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
I use foxfi, and it works just fine. Hmmm, odd that it won't work for you.

I guess it was just yesterday because it worked well when I tried today. The question is, how easy is it for Verizon to find out and do something? I'm not really a heavy user

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
Is there still a one click root for this phone? I want to freeze all the bloatware.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Is there still a one click root for this phone? I want to freeze all the bloatware.

Easiest way is with http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=207732
DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.