Warranty Question for Droid 2?

Ressy13

Reaction score
Warranty Question for Droid 2/Fix it?

Hey, guys. New user here :p. I had some questions about my Droid 2 and my 1 year warranty (still currently under 1 year).

My Droid 2 has recently been going crazy, the keyboard has been repeating letters, skipping some letters, and starting new sentences. My screen, as well, has been acting up. It keeps hitting random buttons, going into apps, and scrolling around to the sides on my home screen. It isn't water damage, the little circle that indicates water damage is still clear and unharmed. I was hoping to take it in for a replacement, however, I've been reading up on it and apparently damage does not void the warranty. I was curious; my phone has natural wear and nothing extreme. I'll be honest; naturally, I've dropped it a few times, but once again, nothing extreme. For example, I was lying down on my couch and I got up, forgetting my phone was on my lap, and it fell onto my carpet. Things like that. No long, hard falls, nothing for big damages. I do have some little knicks on the corners of the phone, and my screen is fine, provided it has natural wear to it. But I was wondering if these little knicks would prevent me from getting a new phone? I really hope not, I can't do anything with it at this point, except for a select few times when it will work, but only for a few minutes (even then, the keyboard is still screwed up)... When I call someone, it will sometimes hang up, put the person on speaker, or add in another unwanted call. I can't even text; everytime I try, buttons are pressed and it opens up my previous reply and or it takes me to the contact info and sometimes calls the person. I'm really hoping I can get a new phone.

Please let me know what you think! Thanks in advance! :D

Oh, I would also like to add that even after the few times my phone has been dropped, nothing out of the ordinary has happened to it, the last time it was dropped was a few months ago and it was absolutely fine. It's been within a week or two that my Droid 2 has been acting up.

Also, since this was in the tech forum, I'd also like to know if anyone had any suggestions as to fixing my phone? Is there anything I should do to try to fix it rather than have to get a new one?

Last edited:
OP
R

Ressy13

Reaction score
Try doing a SBF Restore. Not sure if it would help but i would give it a shot.

Thanks for the suggestion :) quick question, though. Is an SBF Restore something similar to a factory reset? Sorry if that was a stupid question. XD