Warranty replacement question

tim61495

Reaction score
Hello,
Just over a week ago I had gone to a Verizon Wireless store to have my phone checked. The problem is that a speaker was blown. They confirmed the warranty and sent me a replacement in 5 day shipping. I knew I would be on vacation during the time it was shipped and I would be back a day or two after it arrived.

The problem is that while I was on vacation I went kayaking and I happened to tip over from a wake created by a large speeding boat (in a no wake zone, Ha!). So now my phone has gone from a broken speaker to water damage. The circle has gone to red from white and no longer turns on. I tried rice treatment so I would have my phone for the rest of the vacation, since I was only two days in to it, but it didn't work. After a few days in rice I tried to charge it and the light was only green. Now that I have gotten home and I've tried to charge it again, the light changes colors, but is mostly pink.

So my question is if my phone is still under warranty coverage. I read on the box that if the damage is not related to the device itself that the warranty no longer covers it. However, my phone was already authorized for warranty before the accident happened. Still, I don't want to send my phone and it to be seen under the wrong criteria for warranty coverage, even though it was already accepted before.

What should I do?

Thanks,
Tim

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
See if you can get the person who saw it to confirm that it was damaged beforehand and perhaps give you something. And also call customer service. A supervisor might be able to authorize it.

Definitely do not send it back until you have confirmed it would still be covered, there's a possibility it won't be, otherwise you will definitely be charged the full new phone price.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums