Warranty policy?

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
Recently, my phones ear speaker blew so it sounds terrible. It's still covered under warranty for the next week or so. My question is, about a month after I got the phone, the outside speaker blew, Verizon would only give me a refurbished, that ticked me off, so I just replaced the speaker myself. I saved the void sticker on the screw, so that can be put back on, but should I our back in the old speaker?? How strict is their warranty policy now?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
RUSHgsxr

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
I understand that, the reason I didn't want a refurb then, was my phone was only a few weeks old, that's bull if you ask me, but I've had it for a year now, so i guess It's alright... I'm just asking if VZW is gonna charge me anything I've heard they changed their policy few months back

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForum

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I understand that, the reason I didn't want a refurb then, was my phone was only a few weeks old, that's bull if you ask me, but I've had it for a year now, so i guess It's alright... I'm just asking if VZW is gonna charge me anything I've heard they changed their policy few months back

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForum

if the phone is less then 12 months old you shouldn't have to pay anything for a replacement. if its over that 12 month period and if you have insurance you just pay the deductible. Now if you don't have insurance your SOL.

OP
RUSHgsxr

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
But don't they check my phone over really well? I read something about policy changes on here a few months back

vatothe0

Reaction score
You voided your warranty do you might get charged. Nobody can tell you for sure.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Detonation

Reaction score
I wonder how much they actually do check on returned phones, because I once was given a refurb replacement that still had the previous owner's screen protector on it.

Did you replace the speaker with a stock one like you'd normally find? If so I'd think if the warranty sticker looked untampered it would be fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
RUSHgsxr

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
I wonder how much they actually do check on returned phones, because I once was given a refurb replacement that still had the previous owner's screen protector on it.

Did you replace the speaker with a stock one like you'd normally find? If so I'd think if the warranty sticker looked untampered it would be fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

It wasn't the exact stock speaker but it does look the same, I'd be surprised if they noticed.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It wasn't the exact stock speaker but it does look the same, I'd be surprised if they noticed.

honestly they wont check in that much detail They typically will check the water indicators and for signs of physical damage. As long as those check out okay youll get a replacement either on the spot or one will be sent to you depending if the store has any CPO devices in stock. Then your phone will be sent back to the manufacturer to be refurbished as verizon does not do the actual refurb process themselves.