Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Makes sense. Still, as far as you know, has anyone put in a request in the app section or contacted any of the devs to see if they'd be interested in the challenge if that was the case? I mean, the source code is freely available... :)

OP
B

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Fur,

I haven't a clue. What is really interesting about this application is that for all intents and purposes, it is about 98% standalone. There are one or two audio library files that have to be replaced, so my guess is that this is the deal breaker for it being a "stock" app. If the CM source is using it, then it should, in theory end up in at least a couple of roms. So all is not lost. And it does work, that is the killer........

You seem to be up on a lot more than me, do any of the newer phones have any type of equalization built in stock? Why this was missing from the Droid is beyond me.

It just occured to me that one tree limb to shake might be to approach the dev. of the Elliot Stocker music app and see if they can integrate. It does seem as though more rommers are incorporating this music player. seems like a natural fit?

Craig

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I could have sworn I read something about it being on the X or D2 at this point. I could be wrong. I've read so much in the last 24 hours I keep seeing Droid 2 and Droid X whenever I look at someone's "Phone: Enter Current Phone Here" tag. :)

Something should be done about this. Even if it was a 99 cent paid app, someone could possibly make quite a bit of money if it would work on a stock phone. Now if only I could get 10% as manager... :rofl2:

OP
B

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Fur,

Yes, it would be nice, but as the app requires the replacement of one stock library file, I think in the present form it might be a no go. I don't think stock apps are allowed to replace system files, but I could be mistaken.

I have not followed the features on the newer phones to see hwta they offer for music enhancement. I am locked into my phone for a while yet, and would probably wait for something a little "better" than the current latest and greatest.

Craig

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I can't upgrade till January 2012 without an early upgrade offer or a lot more money than I have now. That means I can sit back and watch. :D

Imagine the phones by then. :woot:

Replacement of a stock library probably de-stocks this app, unless the code can be changed to reference one in a different location that gets installed along with the app. Interesting thought exercise, at least.

kamisan

Reaction score
XDA has it for download, reading their forums you can get the standalone apk (doesnt work without the lib files) look for post with DSPManager_Open_desire attachement it installs just fine with rom manager- didn't try the update.zip but it should work as well,
crackling at full volume, but it seems to be overdriving (clipping) at that anyway, turn it down just a hair and it clears up, sounds as loud as full did prior, EQ and room effects are cool and footprint is small- App2sd works on it leaving 40KB total, 28k app 12k data and it has bluetooth EQ as well, makes voices sound alot clearer (removing some bass and boosting mid range)

The latest rom prject elite V2 has the older version included in it.
Older has individual sliders for frequency sets, new one has small graphic display.