Sapphire 1.0 and FRG22

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sounds like a kernel issue. Try using a lower kernel such at the 800 kernel and see if that helps. You must flash in this order without rebooting:

-Sapphire 1.0 rom
-GAPPS
-Kernel

That can all be done from clockword receovery. Once the kernel is flashed, then reboot the phone. See if that helps.

kevev99

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll give it a try. I'm wondering if I should just uninstall SetCPU for the time being, flash the ROM, then the new kernel (7x125-1000LV). What is GAPPS?

I assume GAPPS is Google Apps. I'm not planning on installing that.

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yes, google apps. As for SetCPU, it won't be installed once you flash the rom, so, it's irrelevant. The rom wipes out all the existing apps so they need to be reinstalled.

kevev99

Reaction score
OK. So once I flash the phone will be wiped out and I have to re-install all my apps right? Guess I better make a list of everything I downloaded. What about photos and music on the sdcard? Do I need to worry about those?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I assume GAPPS is Google Apps. I'm not planning on installing that.

Your Droid will be highly crippled if you don't. In particular, you won't have the Android market available to download new apps.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
See, that's why you want GAPPS. You'll want the market back cause in Froyo it'll automagically download and install all the apps you previously had installed for you. :) Without GAPPS, no market, no email, etc.

kevev99

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. Sorry if I'm being a pain in the a$$, but here are the steps I'm going to follow:
  1. Flash SPRecovery and Root DROID - Done
  2. Download ROM, GAPPS, kernel, and theme for Sapphire - DONE
  3. Push ROM update.zip to sdcard - DONE
  4. Create list of all downloaded apps
  5. Backup current phone via SPRecovery
  6. Reset phone to factory default
  7. Reboot to recovery and allow/install update.zip
  8. Allow Sapphire 1.0 install to complete
  9. Repeat process for installing GAPPS, kernel, and theme

How long should I let the phone sit when rebooting after the Sapphire ROM install has gone on? Obviously with my 2 prior aborted attempts I let it go a max of 45 minutes and I never had the phone go back to the unlock screen. Also to be sure, no need to backup my music, ringtones, or photos right?

Once I get confirmation I'm on the right path above I can get started. Rough guess of how long the whole process will take to get me to the point of re-downloading all my apps and configuring my accounts again?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Install base Sapphire package + gapps and reboot. Should take no more than 5 minutes to get to the android setup wizard.

kevev99

Reaction score
Install base Sapphire package + gapps and reboot. Should take no more than 5 minutes to get to the android setup wizard.

So I need to reboot to recovery and install the Sapphire package and let it complete, push update.zip for GAPPS to the sdcard, then reboot to recovery anad install GAPPS, correct? Don't want to frak it up.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

So I need to reboot to recovery and install the Sapphire package and let it complete, push update.zip for GAPPS to the sdcard, then reboot to recovery anad install GAPPS, correct? Don't want to frak it up.

Yes if you're using SP Recovery you need to mount USB storage after the base package install in order to rename the gapps tp update.zip, then install that. Then reboot.

kevev99

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help! Sapphire 1.0.0 is installed with the 7x125-1000LV kernel and the NexTheme theme installed. Now to get all my apps back, get everything synced up, and enjoy a rooted DROID!

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

pkwjr

Reaction score
I rooted using EasyRoot and understand the FRG22D OTA update will un-root my phone.

Will Sapphire block this OTA from even hitting the phone?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
SPRecovery or ClockWork Recovery should block it for you.