Wallpapers are a little blurry, not as sharp?

crabbypants

Reaction score
Blurry wallpapers?

When a wallpaper is set, it is being compressed. I am stretching the boundries to the max at the wallpaper selection screen but they still look compressed. This is even happening with the built in liberty wallpapers.

Anyone else seeing this?

EDIT: I'm going back to stock .340 to take screen shots for examples.

EDIT: Screenshots added.

Last edited:
OP
crabbypants

crabbypants

Reaction score
Here are picture examples of the difference. It looks like wallpapers aren't cropped after all but they are DEFINITELY compressed in Liberty. You can see the difference in the detail of the wood.

.340 Stock Froyo (click bar to expand to see FULL detail)
lN0Lf.png

Liberty 2.0 (click bar to expand to see FULL detail)
OVofx.png

Last edited:
OP
crabbypants

crabbypants

Reaction score
...do you really care?

Not at all, that's why I took the time to take screenshots from stock .340 build, then flashed Liberty 2.0 and took screenshots again, then posted them here.

/s

Any USEFUL posts regarding this?

jainer123

Reaction score
But...why? Do you really stare at your wallpaper all that much?

Why are you hating? He just wants his phone perfect just the way he wants, just like everyone else here. Relax.

Are the icons in the notification bar supposed to be that blurry as well?

EXQEX9

Reaction score
Not trying to troll. Sorry.

And if you're talking about the battery and signal icons in the liberty scrreny, I'm pretty sure that glow is intentional.

Last edited:

El Poblano

Reaction score

I returned a laptop once because it had 1, JUST 1, dead pixel. Yes, I would care.
I'm not saying there is, but if something like this were going on, maybe thats indication of a problem.
PS. Stop being a troll.

OP
crabbypants

crabbypants

Reaction score

Irrelevant. I'm merely pointing out an anomoly that was introduced with Liberty v2.0. One that did not exist in 1.5 or Gingerbread (which i flashed back from after trying it out)

Now this may have something to do with the 3D Gallery baked into Liberty v2.0 as this is what is used to pick the wallpapers. I'm really just speculating though.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I believe this is a factor due to the gallery, as you speculated. I'm pretty sure even on my D1, that this issue occurred.

jainer123

Reaction score
I believe this is a factor due to the gallery, as you speculated. I'm pretty sure even on my D1, that this issue occurred.

I remember this going on back in the days of my G1 as well. Tmo never offered a fix, then, and I have no idea how to fix it otherwise. Is there a way to flash the blur gallery maybe? Kovelski, anyone, thoughts? I know when I flash 2.0 that will bother me to no end. :)

Thanks guys for all you do.

ekto21

Reaction score
yes i put my own wallpaper up and its a simple black to yellow fade and the gradient looks like a damn rainbow. its kind of annoying.

everwerever

Reaction score
I noticed it too i have the same issue and i was just looking for an answer. I seriously hope there is one.

joneee

Reaction score
I've had this issue on my D1 and DX as well, but usually when I rolled back to the old gallery.
I started applying my backgrounds through Wallswitch or Flikie. Those apps help display my pictures crystal clear.

The nice thing about Wallswitch is that it can auto fit the image to make it looks as best as possible. For example, portrait pictures are sized with black borders on the sides so that you can actually see the entire picture and not just a small section of it. It'll also has a feature to change your background every x hours, which is something I use.
Flikie helps you discover wallpapers, but if you go to the gallery (or file manager) and choose to setup a particular image as a desktop, it'll give you an option to use flikie for that process.

Last edited: