VZW Rep/General Account Questions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Currently on a family plan, but we have no lines with Smartphones or any data packs.

I spoke with a VZW rep today and I understand if we moved 3 lines to Smartphones we get a $9.99 credit on 2 lines for 24 months.

Is this deal only available thru VZW or is it also available thru 3rd party upgrades like Wirefly?

Also -- There is a Family Talk & Text deal on the 3rd party sites at $99/mo (2 lines), but not on VZW -- Is it available on VZW/

The 99.99 for two lines is the standard 700 min talk/text plan. And I agree with the above statement, go to a Corp or Premium Retailer, less likely to get hosed.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab

Reaction score
My computer is on a dual boot.
Windows XP
Vista 64

I just upgraded the vista part to windows 7, now my aircard won't even work. Vz access manager claims it connects to the network but it refuses to transfer data back and forth.

Using UM175 usb modem card.

I'm redownloading vzaccess manager software even though I think I'm already running the latest build/vers.

My signal is -75 dbms (just about full bars), so I should be getting online no problems right? No dice.
Droidforums.net appified!

Each windows version needs a different version of VZAM so a fresh download should solve your problem.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Lol even though the version number AND build number are exactly the same between vista and 7 for the UM175 modem, I reinstalled and it still didn't work.

I might have to wait till I can get to a real wifi connection (I live and work on a ship at the norfolk navy base) and see if I can updagte windows, might help.

Droidforums.net appified!

bigdav1178

Reaction score
Question to the Verizon reps out there:

I am currently on a VZW family share plan (700min/talk) with 2 lines, and the contract has been ready for renewal since September - neither line is currently a smartphone.
With this "Smartphones Talk Free" promo they're running right now, it says that you can upgrade a secondary line to a smartphone, and receive $9.99 off each month (during the 24 month contract). If ONLY the secondary line on my account is upgraded to a smartphone (with the 29.99 data plan), do I qualify for the promotion?

I've seen no indication in any online documents, or terms and conditions, that this promotion requires the primary line to also be a smartphone; but I would like to verify that this is correct before make any changes to my plan. (If I don't qualify for this plan, I'd rather hold out until after 4G phones have released to upgrade.)

If the primary line DOES also need to be a smartphone, I would appreciate any links to any documents that indicate as such.

Thanks in advance for your help!

teegelee

Reaction score
There is a new version of vz access manager available at www.vzam.net for windows 7. The software preinstalled on the um175 will not run properly on windows 7

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

WillDroid

Reaction score
I have a question related to getting a new phone. It may have been answered already, but I just registered so forgive me if it has.

I am currently on a family plan with 3 lines. I've used the upgrades for all three in the past, and my nearest upgrade date is 9 months away. I'm currently shopping for a new phone (don't ask why, I may have destroyed one accidental like :) ), and wondered if I extended my contract even though it is not up for another 9 months, would I get any kind of discount on the overall price of the phone or will I have to pay full msrp for a new phone at this time?

joker402

Reaction score
You can't really just extend your contract at at time, but you might be closer to the primary lines annual upgrade. Remeber the main line is eligible for upgrade ever 12 months.
I have a question related to getting a new phone. It may have been answered already, but I just registered so forgive me if it has.

I am currently on a family plan with 3 lines. I've used the upgrades for all three in the past, and my nearest upgrade date is 9 months away. I'm currently shopping for a new phone (don't ask why, I may have destroyed one accidental like :) ), and wondered if I extended my contract even though it is not up for another 9 months, would I get any kind of discount on the overall price of the phone or will I have to pay full msrp for a new phone at this time?

Sent from my DROIDX

WillDroid

Reaction score
I can't really tell. On the website, it shows I'd have to pay full price on any line. It shows the "New Every 2" date as Sept. 22, 2011 for my primary line.

Realistically, it doesn't make sense as you could renew indefinitely out the wazzoo and get a new phone every month, but I wanted to check before dropping $480 on a new Droid Pro.

ryanm1058123

Reaction score
Here is the question I have. It's two-fold. My contract is over on 4/11. But I am eligible for an upgrade now. Here is my question. I am on a family plan, I want to get one my own plan. Would I be eligible to get on my own plan, with an upgraded discount phone?

Also, through my company, we get a 19% discount to VZW. my question would be, can this be applied to one line on a family plan? (this is if i can't upgrade to my own line)

joker402

Reaction score
I can't really tell. On the website, it shows I'd have to pay full price on any line. It shows the "New Every 2" date as Sept. 22, 2011 for my primary line.

Realistically, it doesn't make sense as you could renew indefinitely out the wazzoo and get a new phone every month, but I wanted to check before dropping $480 on a new Droid Pro.
your annual should be in jan/feb

joker402

Reaction score
Here is the question I have. It's two-fold. My contract is over on 4/11. But I am eligible for an upgrade now. Here is my question. I am on a family plan, I want to get one my own plan. Would I be eligible to get on my own plan, with an upgraded discount phone?

Also, through my company, we get a 19% discount to VZW. my question would be, can this be applied to one line on a family plan? (this is if i can't upgrade to my own line)
you can go to your own plan at any time via assumotion of libilty, what ever contract your on transfers over to your name after a credit check, there fore you keep your number

Status
Not open for further replies.