VZW Froyo is So-So..

tfotos

Reaction score
So I did the OTA update last night just to see the difference between what I was running (Super Clean 2.9.2, EC10 Comavolt Touch Wiz) and what the stock Froyo is. I must say in all honesty that VZW should fire all their devs and hire the guy that made Super Clean. I think all VZW did was take SC 2.9.2 and repackage it for themselves. SC is actually better because there is still an option under "development" to keep the phone awake when it is plugged in, Verizon forgot that one. So congrats to the Super Clean inventor...its what Verizon used to update all the other phones out there. I'm rooting and putting SC back on my shiz!!

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
So I did the OTA update last night just to see the difference between what I was running (Super Clean 2.9.2, EC10 Comavolt Touch Wiz) and what the stock Froyo is. I must say in all honesty that VZW should fire all their devs and hire the guy that made Super Clean. I think all VZW did was take SC 2.9.2 and repackage it for themselves. SC is actually better because there is still an option under "development" to keep the phone awake when it is plugged in, Verizon forgot that one. So congrats to the Super Clean inventor...its what Verizon used to update all the other phones out there. I'm rooting and putting SC back on my shiz!!

Superclean has been retired.

And verizon won't put the option always on when plugged in on. They know tons of people would forget about it and leave their phones plugged in a long time. They don't want this because you can burn images in the screen then they have to replace it.

Sent from my OTB EC01 Fascinate

OP
tfotos

tfotos

Reaction score

Superclean has been retired.

And verizon won't put the option always on when plugged in on. They know tons of people would forget about it and leave their phones plugged in a long time. They don't want this because you can burn images in the screen then they have to replace it.

Sent from my OTB EC01 Fascinate

Yes, but that option was available on the stock 2.1 Fascinate when I received it. ALso, now when I plug my phone in the car I cant constantly see what music is playing on slacker, let alone constantly have my GPS on and showing. I tested it out this morning and the screen would time out while Navigation was on. No biggie though, I will be Super Cleaned by tomorrow or Saturday. I mean SC is EXACTLY the same as the OTA update, but SC has better options. It's funny.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Pandora gives the option to turn display on while playing in the settings so you can view the album covers. I am swyping - and it feels more accurate as well as I am liking the edit bubble! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
tfotos

tfotos

Reaction score
Yeah I eventually figured that out. It's been a while since I ran stock. It's definitely speedier though. Noticed a big difference in my phone after the VZW update, but miss the look and feel of a rooted and rommed phone.

tonynace

Reaction score
Pandora gives the option to turn display on while playing in the settings so you can view the album covers. I am swyping - and it feels more accurate as well as I am liking the edit bubble! Lol

Doesn't work with new Froyo OS. I have the box checked in Pandora and the screen still blanks out after whatever time you have set. No option in the phone settings to not turn off.

tonynace

Reaction score
What is Super Clean and how do I install it?