VZW DRinc2 Update on Monday the 11th!!!

whiff88

Reaction score
I keep getting an error download failed message. Any ideas?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got the update. I am on gingerbread now. Going well so far. Make sure you are connected to WiFi when downloading ota update.

sent from my inc2

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Metal skin now is included in sense 2.1. It's sweet!

sent from my inc2

Exayex

Reaction score
Metal skin now is included in sense 2.1. It's sweet!

sent from my inc2

Agreed. So far everything runs great. Swype acted weird at first and facebook force closed but after a reboot everything settled down and is fine. Launcher Pro is not installing fully but meh. The performance upgrade is a fair trade-off.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

PhDCow

Reaction score
Just did a new software update check on the setting menu and it's downloading now. Our wi-fi pretty quick, so I'm hoping that their servers are too and it won't take forever.

OP
evan2001

evan2001

Reaction score
Okay just woke up in nyc and got a notice to update. I did with WiFi on and it did the whole update in under 15min.

Now that I have done it. Is there a list anywhere of what's new option wise and stuff?

Evan

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some new things are: support for wireless charging, quick settings tab in notification bar. Downloads app. Performance tweaks. Metal skin in skin chooser. Probably more, that's what I see so far.

sent from my inc2

Reaction score
Anyone tried to root with this ,just for kicks. Im curious if it will work....

nikecar

Reaction score
I'm biting the bullet and downloading it now (OTA GB). Realistically, I won't rootthis thing, as I enjoy it as is, and don't want to mess with screwing it up. Maybe next droid phone I will, or do this one when I get another phone just to see how smoothly it goes.

how long did it take for you all?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
It took about 20mins to download and install for me. It's been running good all day so far.

wyatta4

Reaction score
Can I do the update even if I rooted my phone? Will it just unroot it or will it screw up my device? BTW, is it 2.3.3 or 2.3.4??

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can I do the update even if I rooted my phone? Will it just unroot it or will it screw up my device? BTW, is it 2.3.3 or 2.3.4??

It's 2.3.3. I am not sure if it will screw anything up. I would find a way to return to stock unrooted, then update, if you want the update. But if you are already rooted you can probably just use a Gingerbread based rom instead.

PhDCow

Reaction score
Just a tip that I learned from updates on my previous Droids -- I would always do a soft reset (battery pull) after the initial install. We can do that on ours by selecting Reboot. Don't ask me why, but the update seemed better after that.

papaandroid

Reaction score
They should have named this release 'Gingersnap'. All of the screens and app loads 'snap' open, an appreciable increase in speed with everything.

A very good release so far.