VZW DRinc2 Update on Monday the 11th!!!

rumblee1

I was just about to get this phone. Forget it now. I have a droid x that was super on froyo. Fast, camera and camcorder worked, it did everything right. I even had it rooted. Gingerbread was forced on me and that ended a great phone. Now it reboots about 4-5 times a day, root is gone, camera works when it wants to, camcorder records SOMETIMES then when you go to play the video, it wont play saying video "not compatible" with phone even though it was taken with it. If you have an option, refuse the gingerbread update. A rooted phone even non rooted phone that runs right on froyo is better than a phone that sucks on gingerbread. Ps, it also slowed it down tons.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

rumblee1

One more thing, also 2 other people I work with experiencing same problems with their x

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
I just got this phone today and it is working pretty flawlessly. Hopefully the gb update isn't buggy.

sent from my inc2

Exayex

HTC does much better software-wise than Motorola...so I don't have any doubts at this point.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Is there a way to not accept the update? Do we have a choice? DincS owners, which is the identical Euro phone of the Dinc2, were having all kinds of problems with wifi after the GB update. Essentially there was something in the GB update that set a much higher wifi signal strength requirement so everyone was dropping wifi signals they previously had no issue with, unless you're sitting right on top of the router.

Personally if I have a choice, I want to wait until the early adopters have a chance to sniff out all the bugs.

seventystangfan

It may very well change up the hboot version thus preventing S-off, but I believe they would eventually work around this.

Sent from my ADR6350
rollin' with unlimited data