First OTA update from Verizon DEC 11th

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got my update this am - Had to add gallery back to main screen, it seems a fair bit slower and auto rotate wont work, goes to lanscape mode only when keyboard opened:mad:

This is how the OS is designed to function. To get the home screen to rotate to landscape you need to install a 'home replacement' app such as Home++, GDE, PandaHome, OpenHome, dxTop.

edit: it should rotate to landscape without the keyboard open when you have apps open however.

DiggaDon

Reaction score
Got my update this am - Had to add gallery back to main screen, it seems a fair bit slower and auto rotate wont work, goes to lanscape mode only when keyboard opened:mad:

I'm also having the same problem since the update as well -- among other things...

dhoy28

Reaction score
But it would auto rotate before and I have it set to auto rotate under the setting/sound & Display/display settings/orientation - I think - but I am a newbie - you are my master

huskur

Reaction score

are you saying that during a text message with the keyboard closed that it isn't rotating like before when holding the phone in landscape mode?

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I'm also having the same problem since the update as well -- among other things...

But it would auto rotate before and I have it set to auto rotate under the setting/sound & Display/display settings/orientation - I think - but I am a newbie - you are my master
you're settings are right.

regardless of what it did/didn't do... the Home Screen is not supposed to rotate to landscape without the keyboard open using the stock set up. It will auto rotate to landscape when you are, let's say, browsing the web, using an app, scrolling thru menus, etc.

I can't find the article right now but Google/Motorola has stated this.

You can resolve this as I said with a home replacement app. There are a couple to choose from and they all add functionality and options to your Droid. Give em a look. I listed them a few posts up :)

DiggaDon

Reaction score

are you saying that during a text message with the keyboard closed you it isn't rotating like before when holding the phone in landscape mode?

mine has been that way, at least intermittently since the update, seems to be straightening out...

However, some of my widgets are out of whack and my power button isn't working.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

are you saying that during a text message with the keyboard closed you it isn't rotating like before when holding the phone in landscape mode?

mine has been that way, at least intermittently since the update, seems to be straightening out...

any of the widgets not functioning properly..... remove them from the home screen (trash) and re-add the widget. some of them required this after the update to function properly. Just like the 'gallery' widget/icon on the home screen was updated so if you had it there prior to the update it wouldn't work after... you had to delete it and replace it.

also you might wanna try powering down and pulling the battery... a lot of the issues people have after the update can be solved by this. give it a shot, let us know how you fair.

dhoy28

Reaction score

are you saying that during a text message with the keyboard closed that it isn't rotating like before when holding the phone in landscape mode?

It won't auto rotate anytime - apps - on main screen - when on car mount

DiggaDon

Reaction score

any of the widgets not functioning properly..... remove them from the home screen (trash) and re-add the widget. some of them required this after the update to function properly. Just like the 'gallery' widget/icon on the home screen was updated so if you had it there prior to the update it wouldn't work after... you had to delete it and replace it.

also you might wanna try powering down and pulling the battery... a lot of the issues people have after the update can be solved by this. give it a shot, let us know how you fair.

I've repeatedly pulled the battery and restarted the phone as well as started up in safe mode, no difference when it came to the widgets, the power button is the one thing that has been consistently screwy since the update.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i'm wondering if an app you guys have installed is causing some problems since the update... not all the apps that were running fine on 2.0 are running as well on 2.0.1.... at least not until they're updated. might be worth looking in to.

DiggaDon

Reaction score
i'm wondering if an app you guys have installed is causing some problems since the update... not all the apps that were running fine on 2.0 are running as well on 2.0.1.... at least not until they're updated. might be worth looking in to.

i'm having troubles with the weather channel, wifi/gps toggles, and a random one that I don't remember what it was...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

i'm having troubles with the weather channel, wifi/gps toggles, and a random one that I don't remember what it was...

try removing some of them one by one see if it improves anything.
The unfortunate thing with some apps interfering is that it might not be the app you're directly see issues with... it could be something else you have downloaded that's causing system wide issues. It's a pain i know but i'd like to see ya get your Droid in top shape!

lyrisist

Reaction score
Huh? What the Monkey Mess?

Asinine question: Where can I find what was fixed in the lastest (2.01) Motorola Droid OTA? Duh, I know! Please be kind, rewind!

DiggaDon

Reaction score

try removing some of them one by one see if it improves anything.
The unfortunate thing with some apps interfering is that it might not be the app you're directly see issues with... it could be something else you have downloaded that's causing system wide issues. It's a pain i know but i'd like to see ya get your Droid in top shape!

That seems to work, but I had to delete the widget, then download and reinstall the widget itself. Still a no-go with the power button though...