Volume rocker chipping?

Renae

Reaction score
Seriously?

My volume rocker silver paint is chipping off. I haven't dropped it, thrown it, or put it anywhere precarious. Anyone else notice theirs is chipping?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ConqSoft

Reaction score
No, but the gold paint on my Droid 1's camera button, and the red paint on my Droid X's camera button both came off as well.

OP
Renae

Renae

Reaction score
No, but the gold paint on my Droid 1's camera button, and the red paint on my Droid X's camera button both came off as well.

Gold came off on mine too, but not as quickly as some other people. This had been two Weeks, use some better quality paint.....

rza49311

Reaction score
No but the verizon logo on front has started to wear off. I keep my phone in my pocket with no case. Doesn't bother me though, just saying.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Add me to the list of former OG Droid owners with a white camera button (the color after the gold peeled off). But no issues with the BIONIC.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Why dont they just make the dumb things black?!

They think bling is beautiful. Personally, I think black is beautiful. I agree, just make the darn thing black and have no paint to chip, peel, fade, etc.

OP
Renae

Renae

Reaction score
I'm worried we are going to see the gunmetal color Chip off.... That would look horrible

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
No but the verizon logo on front has started to wear off. I keep my phone in my pocket with no case. Doesn't bother me though, just saying.

I read over on XDA that if you take a penny and lightly scratch the logo off it is a clean remove with no scratches. Maybe just finish'r off!

OP
Renae

Renae

Reaction score
I read over on XDA that if you take a penny and lightly scratch the logo off it is a clean remove with no scratches. Maybe just finish'r off!

The only thing people use Pennies for anymore, scratching things off..... Like instant lottery tickets.

BigZig

Reaction score

Thanks for the info i just took mine off with a Nickel(i am to high class to use a Penny lol) looks good the only thing i noticed was i can still she the ghosted image on the bottom but other then that no scratches.

BuckyN8

Reaction score

I will have to remember that when mine starts to come off!

solution

Reaction score
I have an OG DROID and both of my gold buttons are perfect. No cover and tons of use. My front bezzel has huge chips in it but my buttons are still pretty lol.