Volume rocker

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Bionics seems to be better than the past, meaning not as 'loose' or mistakenly hit..although I still do it, especially when putting in the car dock.

Well its not loose from the standpoint of hitting it, it still pushes normal. But in its idle "state", it simply rattles and can be wiggled an awfully lot.

Sent from my phone

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well its not loose from the standpoint of hitting it, it still pushes normal. But in its idle "state", it simply rattles and can be wiggled an awfully lot.

Sent from my phone

I don't know than, maybe its the case I have it in that makes it not rattle. I think, each phone has its own glitches. So depending on how much it bothers you, can exchange it or learn to live with it. I lived with it with my last 4 droids. The Bionics volume rocker is in no way perfect in any case, so that's up to you.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know than, maybe its the case I have it in that makes it not rattle. I think, each phone has its own glitches. So depending on how much it bothers you, can exchange it or learn to live with it. I lived with it with my last 4 droids. The Bionics volume rocker is in no way perfect in any case, so that's up to you.

Most definitely... it's one of those things where I know my wife would say "quit being so anal" and just roll her eyes... ;)

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Mine does not seem to rattle at all. Maybe I just haven't used it enough yet to loosen it up.
Have you used the volume rocker a ton.
Maybe this is something that is inevitable to all down the road depending on use.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine does not seem to rattle at all. Maybe I just haven't used it enough yet to loosen it up.
Have you used the volume rocker a ton.
Maybe this is something that is inevitable to all down the road depending on use.

I think it just depends on the phone - I'm sure it's some minuscule adjustment inside or miniscule difference that causes it to be tight vs loose. Mine was like that from day 1 (which was just last week), I just didn't really notice it when I walked out the door.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
mine has no issue but that would definately fall into the catagory of factory defect... calling and having them replace it should be a no questions asked. they have devices to replace it with from day one... if your close to a store, with the right attitude up front and a smile on your face, i would say they will have no issues, if after the date of return (14 days ) i would not even bother with the store and call it in to 611... and expect your new phone delivered within a few days... luck with that mate and ...
Though my wife too would roll her eyes and taunt me, she would be the one sighning for my new phone at work a few days later... (HAHAHA, under my breath of course :) )

jfrancis

Reaction score
Mine was pretty loose too. Some silicone cement smeared around the volume rocker as well as the power button (and then wiped clean) fixed it right up.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was at a local Best Buy and Verizon store yesterday for various reasons, and every model there (2 at Best Buy and 3 floor models at VZW) had pretty loose volume rockers.