Volume Rocker Loose....anyone?

gmace001

Reaction score
I'm absolutely loving my Eris, but the volume rocker on the side feels really loose and flimsy. It does work when I press up or down, but it wiggles a hell of a lot. Anyone else notice this?

Jolest

Reaction score
The volume control on mine is a bit loose, but not enough to bother me.

Mattb

Reaction score
Yup, mine is too. It doesnt bother me for the most part, but there are times when I feel it as I use and it does annoy me.

buckeye6

Reaction score
Same issue here. It doesn't affect the function at all, just makes my OCD flare up.

Bugeyeblue

Reaction score
Same issue here. It doesn't affect the function at all, just makes my OCD flare up.
This made me laugh. I feel the same way. I did notice a demo unit in the store missing the rocker all together - but then again, I'm sure it had been abused beyond belief.

Jordanhr

Reaction score
Volume Rocker Fell Off

My volume rocker was in my purse and it completely fell off :( It's really inconvenient to use without it and I can't figure out how to put my phone simply on vibrate now. Also, Verizon is really giving me the run around about warranty replacement for the volume rocker when I have only had this phone for one month!

hlaalu

Reaction score
yup i noticed it too when i had my phone out of it's rubber case, but with the case on you can't even notice it.

mattamous

Reaction score
My volume rocker was in my purse and it completely fell off :( It's really inconvenient to use without it and I can't figure out how to put my phone simply on vibrate now. Also, Verizon is really giving me the run around about warranty replacement for the volume rocker when I have only had this phone for one month!

You can hold down the red power but after you unlock the screen and it will bring up the power off/on screen and 3rd option down is the vibrate mode. Super quick and easy!

mattamous

Reaction score
Ya, you bet! I was stoked when I fumbled on to that. Makes it a whole lot easier.

kilian69

Reaction score
Mine is gone

I love my Eris too. Just bought mine less than thirty days ago and my sound rocker is MIA! Going down to get a new one, it just sucks all my apps will be gone and will have to dl them again... From what it looks like the only thing that held it on was some double sided wide tape, otherwise awesome phone.

yowhuzup

Reaction score
HTC Droid Volume Rocker

Your OCD fears came true.. at least in my case..I can not locate my volume rocker... verizon can not order another.. and they are out of the back cover at their warehouse.. recommended that I call HTC and they said that losing the volume rocker "is just not a problem they encounter" and that if I send them my battery cover (and I guess just use the phone without it in the meantime) they "might" replace it, shipping at my expense but even then, that the battery cover is on back-order and they won't have any in stock for several weeks.

BTW, if they decide that the battery cover (only due to the volume rocker being missing) is not covered, the cost is ~38.00.

I'm going back to verizon tomorrow and see if they can do anything else, like order the cover directly from htc and I will just wait until it comes in.. or maybe send the cover back to HTC and use my blackberry in the meantime.. but that would involve changing data plans.. sigh.. no easy fix even under warranty...

kilian69

Reaction score
New Phone...

How long have you been a VZW customer? Use that clout over them. My Eris was less than 30 days old so they just DOA'ed my old one and gave me a new one, but in the past (with my LG, BlackBerry, and my MoTo) just told them to give me a new one (because of some defect) and usually they did it. But it also depends on the store you go to. Some stores aren't that customer friendly while others like the Downtown Denver store or Cherry Creek VZW store will do just about anything to help you out. Hope you get a new rocker :)