Volume level on Dialer Dialpad Keypad when dialing a phone number???

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey folks, I had a real pet peeve with the Droid 2 (and other later Droids) in that the volume of the dialpad was severely muted. I am comparing the level of the dialpad on the D2 to the D1 (OG Droid), and there was no comparison. I compared the volume on my wife's D1, where the sound level of the dialpad could be raised or lowered from 0 to 15, and at level 5, it was approximately as loud as my D2 dialpad when turned all the way up.

Now, I know this is a MOTOBUG, because I rooted the D2 and with the Liberty ROM, the D2 dialpad volume was then comparable to the D1.

Has anyone noticed if the dialpad volume on the RAZR is loud enough to hear in a noisy environment? I basically couldn't hear the phone being dialed at all if I was driving, only dealing with road noise. Even in a quiet room, the volume of the dialpad was considerably too quiet.

Please comment your experience with the volume of the dialpad when dialing a phone.

Morydees

Reaction score
Unfortunately the dialpad tone volume was one of the very first things I noticed about my new RAZR. Love the phone to death but that volume is, at best, half of what the speakerphone volume is. Possibly closer to 1/3rd.