Voicemail like Iphone?

Droidfish

Reaction score
I would try uninstalling and reinstalling gv I don't know why its doing that

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Try clearing all data from settings>manageapplications>google voice, then uninstall and reinstall.

Just as Spaz has indicated, google voice is exactly what your looking for and works great (aside from your install troubles) but stick with it as it really is the best.

OP
B

Beej

Reaction score
Got it working, thanks. Now how do I get it so that it doesn't send me an email everytime i get a voicemail? I don't want to have so many notifications. I know there is an email so I go to the icon and listen but then it also sends and email and I have to clear that.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Open google voice in your pc browser(you'll find the settings are much easier and sometimes necessary to control from your pc)

Then go into settings>voicemail notifications then configure to your liking

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Google Voice gets my nod as well. Once it's set up there is no substitute! ... and FREE!!

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Verizon visual voicemail runs about $1.99 a month (I believe); Google Voice is free. Personally I like the Verizon version better but since GV is free I switched over to that.

The Verizon version doesn't give you the erratic speech to text translations that GV does (although the Google version is laughably error-riddled 99% of the time so you have to listen to the vm anyway.)