Previous YouMail user and now voicemail does not work

bbohannon

Reaction score
I had the iphone like app YouMail on my BB before I switched to the droid, and apparently the YouMail app went along with it. When People call my voicemail it still identifies their name and says how I am not here (even though I do not have the app physically installed on my droid). Furthermore, it doesn't appear to be notifying me of voicemails.

How in the hell do I get rid of this and have a working voicemail again?

Silver Member
Reaction score
i had to google this to see what you were talking about as your post didn't make much sense.

sounds like you have visual voicemail setup through a third party app called youmail. google says that youmail exists in the android marketplace. have you tried using that?

OP
B

bbohannon

Reaction score
i had to google this to see what you were talking about as your post didn't make much sense.

sounds like you have visual voicemail setup through a third party app called youmail. google says that youmail exists in the android marketplace. have you tried using that?

I'll try that now. I'd rather get rid of the app all together but then again a working voicemail would be nice. I just submitted an invite request for google voice but I still need to get this figured out.

Sorry for the confusion

Silver Member
Reaction score
i think you have to pay for visual vm, which means that the service requires some sort of process to view the vm??? i've never used it/had a desire to use it, but there's a visual vm app already installed on the DROID that you could try.

you could also try calling vzw to have it removed from your account.

OP
B

bbohannon

Reaction score
Well just like that my voicemail works. I had 6 voicemails that I was unaware about. Now if I can figure out how to disable the third party app and just use the factory droid voicemail till I get GV....