New droid! Visual Voicemail and Voice search problems!

CharlieX

Reaction score
Jumped ship from the awfulness that is AT&T and my beloved iPhone. Love the Droid actually, but two BIG PROBLEMS:

1) Visual Voicemail doesn't play over bluetooth. I've seen other threads on this. $3 a MONTH?! So do *any* of the other apps work over BT like youmail or fusion or google voice?

2) yesterday my voice search was finding my phone contacts. today it will only access the web. It totally understands me. It's not even working from the car mode interface when i say "Call home"..... Any clues?

Happy to see this thriving community! Excited to tinker my Droid into full awesome.... so far it really has outshined the iphone in little ways that make me happy.

OP
C

CharlieX

Reaction score
Self reply.... after researching other people who ran into this voice search problem I exported and re-imported all My Contacts in gmail. Now my voice searches find phone contacts.

still bummed about Visual Voicemail and bluetooth.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i use the blueant q1 and anything i use with sound comes through bluetooth. maybe it's yur particular device? or am i misunderstanding the question? i cancelled the visual voicemail through verizon (to make sure they remove that rediculous 2.99 a month charge) and currently use youmail and luv the customization you can do from your computer:D

no idea on the voice search thing. i've never used it lol

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
i use the blueant q1 and anything i use with sound comes through bluetooth. maybe it's yur particular device? or am i misunderstanding the question? i cancelled the visual voicemail through verizon (to make sure they remove that rediculous 2.99 a month charge) and currently use youmail and luv the customization you can do from your computer:D

no idea on the voice search thing. i've never used it lol

I dropped youmail when I got Google Voice. :icon_ banana:

OP
C

CharlieX

Reaction score
I put my name in for Google Voice.... still waiting on invite. I'd rather just do that than try Youmail....

After much searching: BT headsets that supports a2dp work with Verizon Visual Voicemail. I have a Jawbone 2 which does not.... Verizon is apparently "aware" of the situation. I personally don't mind spending the $3 and just having Verizon deal with my voicemail.... but for $3 a month it should have a basic feature like universal BT support.