Voicemail Icon

chedt713

Reaction score
I got a voicemail from someone a few days ago but the icon is STILL up...i have called my vmail countless times only to hear, "you have no new voice messages...". i always delete them and the icon typically goes away, but this one seems to like me...how do i get rid of it?

jjbard

Reaction score
I've had this same issue. Tried battery pull....nothing. Notification icon still there...

GohanBurner

Reaction score
You have to factory reset your phone for it to go away.

When I got my droid I sold my BlackBerry Storm and was without service for less than a day. Within that day I got 7 voicemails. I checked them all when I got the droid but the notification was still up. After having it up for some time now I decided it was time to try a factory reset. It worked, the icon is gone and has not showed up. I use Visual Voicemail as well...I don't know if that is a conflict or not.

Hope this helps.

_33

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue as the OP. Has anyone found a solution that does not involve me erasing the phone?

I've tried everything besides the hard reset.

**Did a search and only found this thread. Figured I would post here rather then start a whole new thread on the same issue.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Try leaving yourself a message in voicemail, then go check it and delete it. This typically fixes the problem, this is an issue with the VZW Voicemail system, and not the Droid. Doing a battery pull only fixes it until the phone is notified again that there is a (phantom) message.