Voice Texting?

mixtape

Reaction score
Sorry to revive a somewhat old thread, but this text to speech thing is pretty cool. Though I wonder how advanced it is. Can it tell the difference between homophones?

For instance, if you were to say out loud "Meet me over there in ten minutes. They're starting their party any minute!" what would come up on the screen? Would it know which form of the word "there" to use?

skidmarx

Reaction score
Sorry to revive a somewhat old thread, but this text to speech thing is pretty cool. Though I wonder how advanced it is. Can it tell the difference between homophones?

For instance, if you were to say out loud "Meet me over there in ten minutes. They're starting their party any minute!" what would come up on the screen? Would it know which form of the word "there" to use?

I'm glad you revived this thread, otherwise I would never have known about this feature in Handcent.

I tried you're example and it got "there" and "their" correct, but it misspelled "they're" as "there". For text messaging it is not a big deal because it is not capitalizing letters or entering punctuation anyways.

mixtape

Reaction score

I'm glad you revived this thread, otherwise I would never have known about this feature in Handcent.

I tried you're example and it got "there" and "their" correct, but it misspelled "they're" as "there". For text messaging it is not a big deal because it is not capitalizing letters or entering punctuation anyways.

Not bad for a cell phone :). Thank you for trying it out. Two out of three is pretty impressive. I guess I can say "they are" instead of "they're" if I happen to be texting my grammar obsessed friends :rolleyes:.