An App to Convert Text Messages

jmed99

Reaction score
Is there an app that will convert text messages to voice and then allow me to reply using my voice and when that person replies it converts it to voice...back and forth like that? I would like to use this while text messaging while driving.

This would allow me to keep my eyes on the road.

ie. I hit a button and speak, it converts it to a text and sends it to the person I say. Then the other persons replies by sending a text, my phone vibrates and when I hit the button, the voice reads me their text, etc.

Is there an app for that?

Thurston

Reaction score
Yes, except it leaves the text part out of the equation and is called "phone" :blink:

rod

Reaction score
check out "speak", theres a demo version of it also called "speakdemo". i played around with it and its so so. it might be what youre looking for. with the full version you can say what you want your text to be, and send. just make sure you speak clearly. it translated "capabilities" to "donkeys". my bet is that if its business youre talking, things may get confusing.

Bateluer

Reaction score
Yes, except it leaves the text part out of the equation and is called "phone" :blink:

This plus a hands free device. Bluetooth headset or integrated into the vehicle's sound system.

OP
J

jmed99

Reaction score
Sometimes I dont want a lengthy phone conversation...intead a short text will do. After all why have text if you can always just call someone?!?!?!?!

Anyone else know of a text to speech app like the one I describe above? Thanks!

Ponyman2

Reaction score
Tts

I haven't found an Android App to covert text messages to voice yet, but I do have a phone that does just that. It's a HTC Touch Pro 2 running Windows Mobile 6.5. Text messages are read to me as well as Email. My wife is hard of hearing so being able to hear her text messages while driving is a real plus, because she cant talk on the phone. But now I also have an Inspire 4G which would allow me to do a Voice to text back to her, but Android doesnt have an App that I can find to be able to do that. Do you know of any App's like that?