Voice search not working

Steve H

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find an answer just other users with the problem. Anyone have a fix for non functioning voice search? Not rooted, very few apps. It was working a month ago.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I did a search and didn't find an answer just other users with the problem. Anyone have a fix for non functioning voice search? Not rooted, very few apps. It was working a month ago.

If you didn't find an answer, but found others already asking the same question, it's a better idea to subscribe to THAT/THOSE threads, so that if/when help is received, you'll get it.

If someone's asked a question and is waiting on an answer, asking it again won't guarantee you get help first, if at all...

Just a suggestion. Not trying to condemn you for looking for help!

_atlas

Reaction score
Shazam. If you updated recently, its the root of all your problems.

Silver Member
Reaction score
why do you say this? i'm on the latest version and everything still functions.

OP, can you be more specific as to your problem?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Wow...Ok...Color me red...

I don't use voice search very often, so after I read this, I tried it. It picked up my voice, then stayed on the "Working" screen forever. Didn't come up with anything.

I uninstalled Shazam [Which I just updated recently], but now the mic on the screen doesn't even who my voice being picked up and it just freezes right there.

Here's the other active thread where people are having the same problem...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...ns/19953-please-help-google-voice-search.html

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score
OP, can you be more specific as to your problem?

I push the voice search icon, the google voice search opens, I give it a voice querry (pizza) and nothing happens. the voice search box remains in the "speak now" mode. I used to say "pizza" and I would get a list of the closest pizza location in my area.

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score
I'm on the phone with Verizon & Motorola right now. First Motorola tech claimed voice search was not supported!!!!! After that she hung up. The Verizon rep has me on hold and it taking it to the next level.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm on the phone with Verizon & Motorola right now. First Motorola tech claimed voice search was not supported!!!!! After that she hung up. The Verizon rep has me on hold and it taking it to the next level.

Hope you have better luck with them than I did the first time I called!

Keep us posted please!

_atlas

Reaction score
The only reason I attributed Google voice search not working to shazam was because voice search stopped working after I updated shazam. I also read some of the comments on the market and a few people are having the same problem after updating.

But if you don't have shazam, then I don't know why yours wouldn't be working.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Anyone tried a factory reset?

Seems a bit hasty...Especially for me, who doesn't use it THAT often, but likes it to work when I DO...

Haven't seen on the other 2 threads where anyone tried that yet either...

I'm wondering if there's a chance it's an issue with the network/search system...? If that's possible.

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score
Verizon is asking if anyone else can give me their MEID number? I still have them on the phone.

sdcoiner76

Reaction score
From looking around on other forums this seems like something that is happening to a lot people's Android phones. My Voice Search works at about 7:15 Eastern time this morning but stopped working by 7:35 or so.