voice mail alert after rebooting

trowa

Reaction score
Anytime I reboot my phone or it crashes and reboots (rare) I get a voice mail notification when my phone finishes loading. Even weird when the boot animation is running I get my default sound as if I got a voice mail. In all instances I had no voice mail. I thought it was something with 1.1 so I manually updated to 1.2. It did the same thing on the first load. So I used sourcery update in the menu to go to 1.3. Same thing after reboot. Anyone have this problem?

I am running 1ghz slayher kernel and the twisted inception theme. Maybe it is the theme. I see the Luna theme is in the menu so I am going to try that out. Oh and thanks for the port on this theme. Donation pending this weekend after I get paid :)

Keep up the good work guys!

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
was running inception and did not ever see that, do you have any saved vm's?
curious.

OP
T

trowa

Reaction score
Just finished installing Luna theme and same thing happened. I had my phone on vibrate before downloading the theme. So it changed my phone to sound on plus gave the voice mail alert. I pulled down the notification bar and there seems to be no clear button so now it is stuck in there!!! I have no saved voice mails. I called just to make sure.

I will have to go back to another theme until the clear button is added. Sad Luna is my all time favorite theme :/

OP
T

trowa

Reaction score
I installed the livewire theme and same exact problem. Voice mail in notification bar and no clear button. It makes the sound before the boot animation is finished. I went into clockwork recovery and manually cleared the cache partition then cleared dalvik cache and rebooted. Same problems nothing fixed.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Got me

I installed the livewire theme and same exact problem. Voice mail in notification bar and no clear button. It makes the sound before the boot animation is finished. I went into clockwork recovery and manually cleared the cache partition then cleared dalvik cache and rebooted. Same problems nothing fixed.

Got me on that one :) Everytime we reboot gmail will always come up again. even if we seen the messages adn im guessing this is because we always to seem to have at leaset 1 unread message we are saving but didnt actually open. Im guessing you have a voice mail that has not been acknowledgees , opened or whatever. Definately 1st time ive heard this one but im betttig its not rom specific or related. Let me know if you figure it out.

OP
T

trowa

Reaction score
Alright I seem to have fixed the issue and created another one. I went ahead and did 3 system wipes in a row and then manually installed 1.1. No themes no custom kernels all stock. Problem seems fixed no voice mail when phone boots up. I do the manual update to 1.2 all is well. I use the system menu to do the 1.3 update and again all is well. I feel pretty good at this point so I install the luna theme through the system menu. It downloads then just sticks at 100% for 5 mins. It reboots and installs just fine without error. It reboots and the stock theme is still applied.... :/

I download again through system menu same thing happens. Reboot phone still stock theme :(

At this point I manually download it off Sourcery ROM and install manually in recovery. No errors and it installs fine. Phone reboots and it still the stock theme.

Now I want to pull my hair out! I can't do that with my military style haircut can't grab anything even if I try :O

Ideas?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Alright I seem to have fixed the issue and created another one. I went ahead and did 3 system wipes in a row and then manually installed 1.1. No themes no custom kernels all stock. Problem seems fixed no voice mail when phone boots up. I do the manual update to 1.2 all is well. I use the system menu to do the 1.3 update and again all is well. I feel pretty good at this point so I install the luna theme through the system menu. It downloads then just sticks at 100% for 5 mins. It reboots and installs just fine without error. It reboots and the stock theme is still applied.... :/

I download again through system menu same thing happens. Reboot phone still stock theme :(

At this point I manually download it off Sourcery ROM and install manually in recovery. No errors and it installs fine. Phone reboots and it still the stock theme.

Now I want to pull my hair out! I can't do that with my military style haircut can't grab anything even if I try :O

Ideas?

As for the terminal sitcking at 100% watching the number they will continue ot move termial does a poor job at the % thing it says 100% before it is completed we cant do anything about that but if you watch youll see the download number continue to go up.

I know you said you installed clean and if that is the case this should be a problem but.

If you look at the threads theres a thread that says please read this.

Also do this go to the uninstall apps they are located in the additional apps delete launcher 2 for sure if your not using it than delete the other things you dont use like the tutorial. and other things you dont use.

than try it again. what you are describing sounds exactly like a memory problem.

OP
T

trowa

Reaction score

Ideas?

As for the terminal sitcking at 100% watching the number they will continue ot move termial does a poor job at the % thing it says 100% before it is completed we cant do anything about that but if you watch youll see the download number continue to go up.

I know you said you installed clean and if that is the case this should be a problem but.

Also do this go to the uninstall apps they are located in the additional apps delete launcher 2 for sure if your not using it than delete the other things you dont use like the tutorial. and other things you dont use.

than try it again. what you are describing sounds exactly like a memory problem.

I had already uninstalled some system apps before posting sorry forgot to post that. I uninstalled some more like cpu boost, pandora, youtube and now it works. Only thing that doesn't work is the battery icon is not the luna one. It is blue in color and must be from another theme I had installed. It looks out of place but oh well at this point. :icon_eek:

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
I have the correct batter and since it now installs i would say definatley a memory issue. you didnt mention uninstalling either launcher 2 or adw those are the larger apps espcially laucnher 2 delte one of those and try flashing the theme again.

Launcher 2 will not be available in 2.0 i have not seen 1 person mention it and its just too darn big and causing more problems thans it worth.

Ideas?

I had already uninstalled some system apps before posting sorry forgot to post that. I uninstalled some more like cpu boost, pandora, youtube and now it works. Only thing that doesn't work is the battery icon is not the luna one. It is blue in color and must be from another theme I had installed. It looks out of place but oh well at this point. :icon_eek:

OP
T

trowa

Reaction score
I deleted laucher 2 and adw. I use the free version of launcher pro.

I have the correct batter and since it now installs i would say definatley a memory issue. you didnt mention uninstalling either launcher 2 or adw those are the larger apps espcially laucnher 2 delte one of those and try flashing the theme again.

Launcher 2 will not be available in 2.0 i have not seen 1 person mention it and its just too darn big and causing more problems thans it worth.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Sorry!!!!!!

Ok guys i will leave all theming questions for gflam from now on.

Apparently of the 10% increment icons are wrong in every theme we jsut added unless the developer had added them. so thats why i saew the correct one because i didnt see it switch at a 10% increment .

I appoligize i was under the impression the themes did not have any % on them if they were given to us that way.

so it souncds like you have the theem correct as is he states he will be fixing it tommorow.

I appoligize for the inconvience!