Video zoom?

Techjourney

Reaction score
Am I'm missing something? Is it not possible to zoom while taking video with the D2G? Is this a hardware or software issue?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

djp

Reaction score
Others have discussed this on here - I don't believe it's possible. Though I couldn't tell you if it is a hardware or software limitation. FWIW Fission does not support it either.

wotnartd

Reaction score
It would have to be software, because there is no hardware. I would personally recommend against using any form of digital zoom, though.

OP
T

Techjourney

Reaction score
I went by VZW today to take a hands on look at the Droid 3. The 4" qHD display and the dedicated numbers row are both indeed nice. I was curious as to whether the "camcorder" had zoom--and it does. I'm wondering if the expected Gingerbread update will make video zoom possible on the D2G? Anyone know?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ExodusC

Reaction score
While digital zoom is feasible, I doubt it will come.

If I'm not mistaken, the Droid, Droid 2, and Droid 2 Global all use very similar models, or even the same model of camera (which is relatively awful compared to others, like the camera that was in my Nexus One). The Droid 3 obviously has a different camera, one that is much nicer.

I can see CyanogenMod or some other ROM offering digital zoom while recording, though.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.