Video on Droid Fails Me Again

dreamtheater993

Reaction score
I may get flamed for this post, but either way I'm just frustrated and looking for help.

I have tried about 3 or 4 different ways to successfully take DVD's, and load them onto my droid. Using different programs, and different audio and visual settings, I ALWAYS get out of sync audio or low quality video.

Can anyone create or provide me with 100% foolproof steps to get video on my droid, starting with popping in a DVD (Arrested Development in this case) into my computer, and ending with me enjoying the show?

If you don't want to help, no problem, but please don't call me lazy or tell me I didn't search. I have tried numberous methods found on these forums but none of the settings worked. Thanks.

(Sorry, didn't mean to post this in Applications)

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Il try ...

I used avs4u,
AVS Video Converter - a universal AVI to MPEG Converter, AVI to DVD Converter.

I had the movie(DVD) in my laptop and ran that program

Now I dont remember exactly but I think I connected the phone to laptop, and put the converted file in my video folder on the phone or if avs4u did .. anyways, you will get a watermark over the free version, I know alot of people use catalyst and I may try that next, I only did this once so far and if you cant tell I suck at explaining things..

Then I used astrofile manager on my phone to go to the file(movie) on my phone and clicked it..

Last edited:
OP
D

dreamtheater993

Reaction score
dotheweb.net

Someone suggested Dvd to Droid found on dotheweb.net

Tried it a few times, and it works great. no settings, no fuss, just accurate transfers. Try it if you haven't.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have tried about 3 or 4 different ways to successfully take DVD's, and load them onto my droid. Using different programs, and different audio and visual settings, I ALWAYS get out of sync audio or low quality video.
Could you post what you've tried so we don't suggest what hasn't worked for you?

Have you tried DVD Catalyst? It's very easy and I've never had problems with videos that it has converted.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
DVD Catalyst always works, If it doesn't....Your doing it wrong ;)