Video frame rate?!?

jjd228

Reaction score
When I record a video at "High Definition 720p" they are always 12 frames per second. Shouldn't I be getting 24fps?

Rocko

Reaction score
Yes, it should be at 24fps. How are you checking to see 12?

OP
J

jjd228

Reaction score
Yes, it should be at 24fps. How are you checking to see 12?

1) Right clicking the video and looking at the properties in Windows shows 12fps.

2) Opening the video in Adobe Premiere also shows 12fps.

Would you like me to check another method? If so let me know. If not, what could be the problem here? I definitely can't live with "HD" video that only records 12fps.

timelord

Reaction score
I took a few videos today, they all say 30 frames per second on mine.

brandonfish

Reaction score
Fps

I am having the same issue, I am getting between 12-13 fps at 720p verified by Quicktime and Adobe Premiere.

OP
J

jjd228

Reaction score
Yup my issue has never been resolved so if you figure something out please let me know. For now I chalk it up to having a defective Droid X :(

Reaction score
There has to be a setting, I had similar issue with the camera. One of the reasons I picked up a Droid X was for the 8mp camera and 720p Video Rec. Well I started noticing that all my photos were being shot @ 6mp instead of 8mp and so after asking why it was doing that i found out that i just had to change the setting in the camera options. Btw, are you using the stock blur camera/camcorder or are you using a Custom ROM with an AOSP camera,camcorder? Cause i foud that the AOSP camera doesny have the options like the Blur Camera does.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
J

jjd228

Reaction score
There are no settings other than the obvious ones as far as video frame rate goes. I'm using the stock camera and video camera.

fyi... You might already know this but megapixel number literally has nothing to do with picture quality. Most people don't understand this; camera manufacturers know this and take advantage by advertising megapixels as if more means better pictures. More megapixels means bigger file size, and the ability to increase the dimensions of the image (for printing purposes for example) without losing quality. But how many pictures are you really printing in poster size?

Let me know if anyone figures out the video problem. 720p at 12 frames per second is a joke.