Very Strange video problem

laweezyana

Reaction score
This is not the usual i cant view youtube videos or movies thread. i took a video recently on my droid, and when i tried to view it later it said cannot view this video. i tried converting it on my computer, but it always fails. the video is about 1 minute in length and when i look at the details on my phone its lists the file size at 12.06 mb. everything else as in duration, frame rate, bit rate, format, and codec are blank.
i thought id check the file on my computer and it shows up as
video-2010-03-06-00-17-19.3gp
youd think it would know that its a .3gp file then, but converters failed and trying to play it on many different video players failed.

any ideas guys? this is one of the greatest videos ever recorded. if i say so myself.

thanks

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I don't use the video often and I don't think this will really help you, but I did just take a video to check the file type and it came up as 3GPP. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

OP
L

laweezyana

Reaction score
Yea I think .3gp is the abbreviation of 3gpp.. and no, I'm not roooted. Rooted means that I put on some third party sofware or installed 2.1 ahead of time or something like that right? Haven't done any of that.

OP
L

laweezyana

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this problem?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
L

laweezyana

Reaction score
nah nerdbox, i always record in high. and i took a video right beforethe problem video that i can view. this isnt a prolonged problem like most people, my phone just decided to screw up this one video.

im really stuck because i cant convert or mess with a file that my computer and phone dont know what kind it is, even though its obviously .3pg. but theres got to be a way. this video is monumental.
it may solve world hunger.
defeat is not an option...

nerdbox08

Reaction score
nah nerdbox, i always record in high. and i took a video right beforethe problem video that i can view. this isnt a prolonged problem like most people, my phone just decided to screw up this one video.

im really stuck because i cant convert or mess with a file that my computer and phone dont know what kind it is, even though its obviously .3pg. but theres got to be a way. this video is monumental.
it may solve world hunger.
defeat is not an option...

Okay, just the one file.

Have you attempted to use any additional editing software that might handle that extension? I'm sure you have, but I have to ask. lol

OP
L

laweezyana

Reaction score
as in the apps that work with other media files and different pc based media players such as vlc player, windows media player, quicktime, etc.?

yea, ive tried that, but as the file format is apparently not there somehow, nothing can play it and it cant be converted.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
as in the apps that work with other media files and different pc based media players such as vlc player, windows media player, quicktime, etc.?

yea, ive tried that, but as the file format is apparently not there somehow, nothing can play it and it cant be converted.

Well, my brain is dry on help options at this point. If I can think of anything I'll make sure to post, otherwise I hope someone can help >.<

It would suck if the file is just corrupted :(

OP
L

laweezyana

Reaction score
Ok thanks man, seems like you're the only one on these forums..

I just can't figure out how a video could get corrupted just by taking it and saving it.

Only thing I can think of that could indicate that it got corrupted is that right around the time when I was taking the video, the camera was fcing and not loading. Oh well.

Sorry starving african children. I tried.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
No problem.

I did have a corrupted video once, I was experiencing FCing at the time too. The file 'saved' and showed up but I couldn't see it. So my best guess would that yours did get corrupted.

:(

nerdbox08

Reaction score
No problem.

I did have a corrupted video once, I was experiencing FCing at the time too. The file 'saved' and showed up but I couldn't see it. So my best guess would that yours did get corrupted.

:(

I guess in the beginning I didn't understand what you were asking, I r tired. We might have figured out it could be a corrupted file earlier on if I was paying attention better. Sleepy time for me now, I think, lol