Wont play .3g2 movies

17natedogg

Reaction score
i recently switched from the LG EnV touch to the Droid Eris. The env recorded video in .3g2 format and i noticed the eris is .3gp. I put all the old videos i recorded from my env to the sd card on the eris and they will not play. The video starts and then some videos freeze after a few seconds and some skip alot and the audio will not work at all. the phone seems to recognize all the .3g2 files as audio files not video files. The videos i record on the eris camera play just fine and the full length movies i converted to .mp4 play just fine as well. Anybody know why the .3g2 will not play?

And i have tried converting the old .3g2 to .mp4 or .3gp and it works but the video comes out all scratchy and weird. The videos play just fine on the env and my computer just not on the eris. any suggestions?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, android doesn't support all that it should. All of the marketing material makes it seem on par with the iphone but in reality the droid won't play a lot.

OP

17natedogg

Reaction score
So do you have any suggestions on how to convert the video or anyway to play .3g2 videos

OP

17natedogg

Reaction score
Must be a different droid because my HTC eris records in .3gp not 3g2. It won't play .3g2 and it sounds like this is a common problem so I am just trying to see if anyone has found a trick to playing them or a way around it.