Please Help. .3gp video has length 0:00

Super13

Reaction score

I was recording a five minute or so long video on my Droid X (first gen) and when I tried to hit stop the phone froze, so I just put it to sleep in hopes that it would figure itself out.
But it didn't. When the phone came to, I had the video, but with an unplayable length of 0:00. The file size is 277megs. So I know something is there, but I have no idea how to play it, or extract it, or whatever. When I attempt to play the video on my phone I get "File cannot be played or displayed." And when I try to play the video on VLC Media Player the play button turns into a pause button as if playing a video, but the time slider doesn't movie and all audio and video is blank.
Please help
frown.gif
it's a priceless video.

eldenc

Reaction score
Lost Video Recording

Similar Issue, I just recorded a wedding for about 28Minutes, later the Droid let me take some pictures, and none of the pictures where saved. A file exists in (./dcim/Camera/2012-03-10_17-04-41_493.3gpd) with the right date stamp but it is 0 bytes long, other shorter (<1minute videos from a few minutes before) worked correctly.
I did nottice that I have a 633Megabyte file in ./Lost.Dir that has a date of 1980 and an all numberical title (1719168) with no file extension.
So far I havn't been able to view the contents of the weird numberical file. Any thoughts?