[VIDEO]Enable Wireless N on Incredible

mejdam

Reaction score
[video=youtube;LXbMf47kXqc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXbMf47kXqc[/video]

Credit: http://www.magicandroidapps.com/wiki//index.php?title=HTC_Incredible_with_802.11n

files:
MyHost Direct Download
Mirror #1
Mirror #2

Original Wireless G File: http://goo.gl/k88W (In case you want to go back to original and forgot to backup)

1. Place bcm4329.ko on sdcard
2. Get into adb recovery (See 10min Root video for instructions)
3. adb shell
4. su
5. /system/bin/cat /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko > /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko-orig
6. /system/bin/cat /sdcard/bcm4329.ko > /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko
7. /system/bin/ls -l /system/lib/modules/
8. /system/bin/sync
9. /system/bin/reboot

R1Lover

Reaction score
sweet......................................................................................................

pxtang

Reaction score
It's the newest wireless LAN standard, which allows you to get to higher wi-fi speeds (assuming the network supports going that fast).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

jakemerrell

Reaction score
These Videos Rock!

I really appreciate your posting these videos!! Worked like a champ!!:)dancedroid

Over50Droid

Reaction score
Easer method to enable Wireless N?

I'm sorry but the video is confusing for us old timers just as the 10 minute root video was. I rooted my Incredible yesterday using the one step method and I'm wondering if there is a better explanation of how to enable the wireless N. There is just too much assumed information to follow. I have no idea what a adb shell is because I did not need it with the clockwork rooting method.
With all due respect to the author of these two videos, I need someone to talk to me like a third grader.
Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Reaction score
YouTube - Droid Incredible Enable Wireless N

Credit: HTC Incredible with 802.11n - magicandroidapps.com Wiki

files:
MyHost Direct Download
Mirror #1
Mirror #2

Original Wireless G File: http://goo.gl/k88W (In case you want to go back to original and forgot to backup)

1. Place bcm4329.ko on sdcard
2. Get into adb recovery (See 10min Root video for instructions)
3. adb shell
4. su
5. /system/bin/cat /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko > /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko-orig
6. /system/bin/cat /sdcard/bcm4329.ko > /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko
7. /system/bin/ls -l /system/lib/modules/
8. /system/bin/sync
9. /system/bin/reboot

Top notch bud, thanks much, ill try it

tonynalli

Reaction score
will i have to adjust the settings on every computer that i want this to connect to to be able to receive that different N signal or will this automatically work on others without change?

Jett2314

Reaction score
Can this be applied if you have clockwork recovery on your phone? In the video (which I used to root my phone. Thank you) you don't go into detail like when you say choose second option. Clockwork has a different UI. Once I get past the first part from the 10 minute video I am sure it would work.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but the video is confusing for us old timers just as the 10 minute root video was. I rooted my Incredible yesterday using the one step method and I'm wondering if there is a better explanation of how to enable the wireless N. There is just too much assumed information to follow. I have no idea what a adb shell is because I did not need it with the clockwork rooting method.
With all due respect to the author of these two videos, I need someone to talk to me like a third grader.
Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

A third grader would understand the video. Its us old farts that don't get it.
I see all this stuff and just go dizzy.
It kind of doesn't matter anyway because n&g ate both faster than 99% of internet providers so even with n the speeds remain the same as g in most cases

dincandroid

Reaction score
Error

I'm getting an error after doing this when I try and enable wireless, any idea what may have caused this?