Motorola Xoom Overclocked to 1.5Ghz - Available Now! (Video and Instructions)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Credit to coolbho3000

Instructions:
1. Make sure you've unlocked your Xoom's bootloader for flashing first, then root it.
2. Grab this zip and extract it. It includes a boot.img with the overclocked kernel and a corresponding wifi module: http://www.setcpu.com/files/xoom_ocboot.zip. Thanks to Koush for the rooted ramdisk in this boot.img!
3. Reboot into the bootloader by running:
adb reboot bootloader
4. Flash the boot image to your boot partition by running:
fastboot flash boot xoom_ocboot.img
5. Push the bcm4329.ko to your /system/lib/modules folder and reboot to re-enable wifi:
adb remount
adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko
adb reboot

The kernel defaults to 1GHz max for safety, and also includes 1.2GHz and 1.4GHz steps in addition to the 1.504GHz step. I've also updated SetCPU to support the Xoom, so grab that (I know the interface currently looks bad on the Xoom; a tablet optimized interface is coming soon!). SetCPU versions prior to 2.1.1 will not work for setting speeds on the Xoom.

[video=youtube;cLNjHyAi8BI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLNjHyAi8BI&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Motorola Xoom overclocked to 1.5GHz[/video]

7IaG1.png

rC9IX.png

3ES62.png

9P6MU.png

Origional Post: XDA-Developers

Thanks to CZonin for the find -

TheOldFart

Reaction score
What is the Quadrant score of the XOOM not overclocked? Relative to Quadrant, I'm confused about the Moto Droid score. My stock Droid gets a score of 761. Is this due to the difference between the original OS and 2.2?

Dan_08

Reaction score
That is crazy fast. I'll root and over clock once I get bored. But for now this is plenty fast. Maybe now more people will get the Xoom. Can't wait for the custom roms:)

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I expect mine on Wednesday :D

mjforte

Reaction score
Sweet! Now I just have to wait to get mine...mad I didn't choose the free 2 day shipping when I ordered it from Moto with the 25% off.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
HOw stable is it? Whats battery life? Temps? Also, having NVidias history in the GPU market and how much those are overclocked, this isnt too surprising.

ALso, does this mean the Xoom will have custom kernels? It says an overclocked kernel was uploaded, just want to verify this if I ever get interested in buying one.

Stang68

Reaction score
Ok, so the scores of those stupid tests are high. Woop dee doo. Show the XOOM in action. Is it any faster than before? It's pretty fast right now, so why would I go through the trouble of doing this if it is only a slight difference?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Custom kernel already. The devs to mess around..

I agree I probably wouldnt overclock it either, the hardware in it should make overclocking moot. But just to see that it can be done...nice.

I'm getting a tablet, already got a case picked out. Now to decide what tablet I want....Xoom is at the top of the list.

Dan_08

Reaction score
The more I think about this it makes me happy that the devs are out already making the best better.