Vibration problem

bl8demast3r

Reaction score
So usually when i'm texting the vibration just stops and nothing has vibration. When I turn the screen off for about 10 seconds and turn it back on the vibration comes back, Is anyone else experiencing this? Or there may be a problem with my phone. :icon_eek:

Edit: Sometimes it doesn't come back after turning screen off.

ElMuneco

Reaction score
So usually when i'm texting the vibration just stops and nothing has vibration. When I turn the screen off for about 10 seconds and turn it back on the vibration comes back, Is anyone else experiencing this? Or there may be a problem with my phone. :icon_eek:

You're not alone. Same thing happens to my RAZR MAXX as well. It fades out, then returns whenever. I was told that a software update was being pushed out to correct it. Hopefully this one they're talking about will do it.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you guys talking about the notification vibration or hapatic(sp?)feedback...

----posted maxx'ed out----

ElMuneco

Reaction score
Are you guys talking about the notification vibration or hapatic(sp?)feedback...

----posted maxx'ed out----

My problem I believe is the haptic feedback. I have it checked, but like I stated, it fades out, then will eventually return. But then it will fade out again. Hopefully this software update will fix it, otherwise I may have to return it and get a new one.

jflippy

Reaction score
Razr maxx vibrate

so usually when i'm texting the vibration just stops and nothing has vibration. When i turn the screen off for about 10 seconds and turn it back on the vibration comes back, is anyone else experiencing this? Or there may be a problem with my phone. :icon_eek:

your not alone. I have been having this issue along time now. I have contacted verizon and they have replaced the phone three times already. They said there is no known issue for this problem. Everyone needs to call vz and complain about this so they get it corrected. Just discussing it on the forum won't fix this. Everyone that has this problem call vz and complain. The more complaints the faster it gets resolved.

mspampi

Reaction score
Issue seems to be getting worse

Not to bring alive an old thread, but this has started happening to me and has been getting worse. Exactly like the OP said, when texting or typing and the repetitive "quick" vibrations seem to cause it to stop vibrating all together. Today I noticed that if I hit or flick the phone near where the vibration motor is the vibration starts to work again. I am thinking these vibration motors have issues. Though I don't remember having this before ICS. Interesting. Very frustrating:blink:

OP
bl8demast3r

bl8demast3r

Reaction score
mspampi said:
Not to bring alive an old thread, but this has started happening to me and has been getting worse. Exactly like the OP said, when texting or typing and the repetitive "quick" vibrations seem to cause it to stop vibrating all together. Today I noticed that if I hit or flick the phone near where the vibration motor is the vibration starts to work again. I am thinking these vibration motors have issues. Though I don't remember having this before ICS. Interesting. Very frustrating:blink:

You should get a replacement phone if you can that's what I did. Though the first phone they sent me was junk and had horrifying screen problems. I told them about it and the 2nd replacement phone had minor screen problems but at least it works.
(Really sorry for bringing old thread back but I just seen this guys message and wanted to help)

kimisizer

Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem as well as having a phone that is really slow now. How easy is it to get a replacement and usually what condition are the replacements in?

OP
bl8demast3r

bl8demast3r

Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem as well as having a phone that is really slow now. How easy is it to get a replacement and usually what condition are the replacements in?

Well the phone being slow is something I have to and its probably the hardware, but to get a replacement just call up the Verizon and go to technical support and tell them whats wrong with the phone and they will send you a new one. The condition of the replacements are basically just other phones that other people have returned and Verizon thinks they're fine so they give them back out. Sometimes they will have problems like the first one I got, but just tell them about it and they will send another. Then you just keep your original phone and send back the 1st replacement they sent you and you get another replacement. I think that a lot of the replacements have screen problems or some sort of minor problems because like I said they are used phones sent back by people when they had a problem.

mspampi

Reaction score
Well, I couldn't help myself. I really hate getting refurb devices when half of them have another issue entirely. I decided to open the phone up via the several videos online.. After which I found the vibrator motor, had X-acto Oil that I dripped via the needle it has on either end of the spindle between the offset weights. At first it didn't seem to help as it was hit or miss with vibrating. I put it back together and let it sit sideways charging hoping to let the oil soak through the motor - Well it did and that next morning, it was 100% consistent and is still going well! dancedroid

ZooMob

Reaction score
I think I need to do that! Was it hard? How long did it take and where did you get that oil from? Is it still working fine?

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Wow I'm so glad I'm not the only one that is having this problem! I noticed it happening when I installed CM10 so first I thought maybe it had something to do with the ROM. When I got bored of that I went back to stock ROM and installed the Simplex one and it kept doing it. That eliminating me thinking it was CM10, my next theory was the motorand it getting stuck I guess so I tap lightly on the back to get it going again and most of the time that works but sometimes I need to tap harder than others. Also being there are 3 family members with the same phone and none of them complaining about it, I thought it was just something wrong with mine.

Will they replace it even if I don't have the insurance for it?

mspampi

Reaction score
  • ZooMob - I have always been good with tinkering so for me it was quite easy, just takes patience as you open it and be gentle as to not crack any plastic. There are vids on youtube if you need guidance. The oil is from a hobby store I have had for a while. Its synthetic oil I believe and applies with a small metal needle at the end. Makes it easy for small things. It is still 100% working well. The vibrations are always consistent now too.

The Stig 04 - Yeah I can tell you its the motor for sure. Guess there are batches out there with not enough lubrication. As to replacement - all phones come with 1 year so you can call either VZW or Moto but be advised you will more than likely get a refurb. Really not hard to do it yourself.

badjwl

Reaction score
Oil location?

Well, I couldn't help myself. I really hate getting refurb devices when half of them have another issue entirely. I decided to open the phone up via the several videos online.. After which I found the vibrator motor, had X-acto Oil that I dripped via the needle it has on either end of the spindle between the offset weights. At first it didn't seem to help as it was hit or miss with vibrating. I put it back together and let it sit sideways charging hoping to let the oil soak through the motor - Well it did and that next morning, it was 100% consistent and is still going well! dancedroid

Mspampi, I too am having the same problem and after have 4 Droid 4s, I am as sick of refurbs as the next guy. Would you be able to tell us what size torx bits you used to remove the outer case? (I understand you only have to remove the outer cover to gain access to the vibrator.) So all you did was apply the oil to the axles between the weights?

View attachment 57158

Thanks.

Last edited: