Verzon's CFO Says that Shared Data Plans Will be Coming This Summer

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-logo.jpg

After this morning's financial report for Verizon, Fran Shammo, their Chief Financial Officer confirmed to investors that shared data plans will launch "this summer." This means that more than likely sometime between July and September the shared data plans will become available to current or new Verizon customers. Although there have been several rumors about Verizon shared data plans for families since last year, we have not had anything concrete about it until now. We still don't know any details, but at least we know "when" we will know more about the plans.

Do you guys think these plans will be priced in a way that adds value to families, or is this just a sneaky way for VZW to transition more people off of WiFi networks onto their 4g LTE service? Share your thoughts.

Source: PhoneArena

Reaction score
If I can share my unlimited data plan with the second line that I have on my account I would definitely do that....am I hoping for too much? Yes lol

Reaction score
It depends. Many wife and my daughter both use less than a gb each month and yet I have to pay $30 each. If the family plan offered something like 3gb share for $40 it would be worth it for them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

alboboy10

Reaction score
I would be willing to give up my unlimited if I can get two smart phones for the same price as now with like 6gb a month shared.

nmos

Reaction score
verizon-logo.jpg

Do you guys think these plans will be priced in a way that adds value to families, or is this just a sneaky way for VZW to transition more people off of WiFi networks onto their 4g LTE service? Share your thoughts.

Depends how many devices you have.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Cegal

Reaction score
The only way I would be interested is if I could use my unlimited plan with another device, otherwise no thanks. If need be I can always "share" my connection to another device via wifi.

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
This is a pretty good idea.

With smart phones being the only real option now for a phone, a lot of people just go over to smart phones, and pay a bunch for nothing. I look at my family plan, and excluding me the other three use around 500MB a month total.

Cripton805

Reaction score
I currently pay $180 for 700mins and unlimited everything else on two phones. I hope I can share my unlimited data to my second phone and I'd even open a third for business purposes only if they allow to share my unlimited plan. That would be around $180 for 3 phone instead of only two.

:icon_ lala:

nmos

Reaction score
I think the point of this is to encourage tablets and other non phone devices. It makes sense when you consider that someone who goes from a smart phone to a smart phone + tablet probably won't be using both at once (present company excepted) so they probably won't double their bandwidth use. Just look at the shared texting plans. You don't break even until your 3rd phone and that's if they are all heavy users.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if they allowed this for small business plans.

<Narsil shakes head and wakes up> Huh? Was I dreamin' again?

geoff5093

Reaction score
I'm sure it's not a simple option to share it with other devices for free, you probably have to pay a fee of $9.99 per device for anything you want to add that shares your data plan.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd be more than happy if they simply pooled all our phones' data caps into one giant pool from which we all used.

No, scratch that. Never mind. That actually makes sense...

<edit> I meant the phones on our account...not everyone's </edit>

delcopa

Reaction score
If I can share my unlimited data plan with the second line that I have on my account I would definitely do that....am I hoping for too much? Yes lol

Maybe we will be able to share our 2gb for $30 a month unless you got the special and get to share 4gb for $30 divide that up lol