Verzo Releases 'Kinzo' Android Smartphone for $459 Today

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verzo-kinzo-android-launch.JPG

There is a new player in the Android smartphone world, and it is called the "Kinzo" from Verzo. The phone just went on sale today for $459.99 without a contract. The manufacturer is trying to differentiate itself by offering the phone with free shipping and a large list of accessories (a leather case, quality headphones, a car charger and a car holder) included in that price, which is a decent value. However, when you take a look at the specs of the device, it becomes rather mediocre. The aesthetics of the phone are attractive, but it looks like they focused on style vs. substance. Here's a breakdown:
  • 4.3-inch WVGA glass-capacitive TFT display
  • 1GHz TI OMAP 3630 processor
  • 512MB of RAM
  • Five megapixel AF camera (with LED flash)
  • VGA front-facing camera
  • Tri-band UMTS support (AT&T-compatible) & quad-band GSM support (for other carriers)
  • WiFi b/g & Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
  • 1590mAh battery
  • A microSD slot (supports 8GB)
Perhaps this phone might have been a great value at the beginning of the year, but it seems a little lackluster now. I suppose if you look at it from the network unlocked perspective with a ton of accessories angle it looks more decent... What are your thoughts?

Source: Android.net via Verzo Releases Kinzo Android Phone - Full Press Release and Verzo

Last edited:

Heywood

Reaction score
Rubbish for that price. Better price point would be $249-$299.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Inspired by a diamond ? Looks like a damned iPhone 4 . And 459 ? That's more expensive than the Rhyme , Stratosphere , Xperia Play , X2 , Thunderbolt etc. I feel bad for the company that's trying to make it with this phone .

newparadigm

Reaction score
VZW needs to focus on releasing my Nexus, not this junk

Verizon is not releasing it. It is independent, and doesn't even have a CDMA radio.

It is an interesting concept, but if they were going to have a community driven project, why not a Meego or Tizen device? Or stock Android and let the community dev it?

And as much as I like community projects, its specs aren't that different from my Dinc. Which I bought new almost 6 months ago for $150.

I would pay a premium for a device like this with 4G on LTE/CDMA running a true linux distribution. Of course verizon wouldn't let you activate such an open device. Which i guess explains their attitude to the G-nex...​

Last edited:

hayjude99

Reaction score
I think I know what the mix up was. I thought that Verzo was some mispelling of Verizon, and "it" was poorly defined. Sowee.

Heywood

Reaction score
I think I know what the mix up was. I thought that Verzo was some mispelling of Verizon, and "it" was poorly defined. Sowee.

Seems like they may be depending on just that....Verzo? Kinzo?...way to similar to VZW, Vizio, Kindle, etc.

skruid

Reaction score
This thing got beat the he'll out of by a crowd of people armed with ugly sticks

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

cb2000a

Reaction score
sThis is a tough sell when you can walk into a Walmart and buy a Samsung Exhibit 2 with simular specs (smaller screen at 3.7") for $199 off contract. And the Sammy is a great phone.