HTC Passion / HTC Bravo Update - January 2010 Release

mbraat

Reaction score
droid phones

purchased droid phone and i hated it. Keyboard stinks and i could not send a group text message. The camera on the droid is horrible. The Eris has a great camera. I returned the droid and got an Eris. I loved it except it has the weakest vibrate setting and i could not feel it vibrate in a holster or any other type of belt holder. I returned the Eris as well. I am hopeful the Bravo/Passion addresses these issues in addition provides the dragon chip set and Android 2.1 operating system. Can't someone make a great pone for the verizon network? In all fairness my son loves the Eris, but he keeps in in his pocket.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
purchased droid phone and i hated it. Keyboard stinks and i could not send a group text message. The camera on the droid is horrible. The Eris has a great camera. I returned the droid and got an Eris. I loved it except it has the weakest vibrate setting and i could not feel it vibrate in a holster or any other type of belt holder. I returned the Eris as well. I am hopeful the Bravo/Passion addresses these issues in addition provides the dragon chip set and Android 2.1 operating system. Can't someone make a great pone for the verizon network? In all fairness my son loves the Eris, but he keeps in in his pocket.
Droid does group text. Handcent does this. Not perfectly but it does it. Should've done some research there.
Camera is good on Droid, just low light it struggles. And it has a flash, so how is the Eris, with no flash better?
Vibrate is a little weak.
Droid is a great phone. It's 2 months old, I think you gave up way too early and had the wrong attitude. Sorry to hear that.

fusion0589

Reaction score
this phones battery life will be horrible. I think that developers are so set on turning phones into computers that they tend to forget that we use these devices mostly away from charges. The droid and droid eris battery is average already with data use included, which is a major selling pint of the phone, so imputing a processor that has double the speed, running the same UI's, really makes you question is the cell phone industry about flashing off your new toys, or providing high quality, dependable, products.

fusion0589

Reaction score
and Jay I am not impressed by this phone either, who cares how amazing the phone is if it can not even last a full day?

mbraat

Reaction score
I did my research, but somethings you don't learn until you own it. I picked up the Handcent app still inferior for group texts and the camera on the Eris takes beautiful photos in lower light situations than the Droid. Droid is a brick of a phone with a lousy keyboard that will fail as word of mouth spreads. Eris is a much better phone, but in my line of work a decent vibrate setting is a must.

jnashr

Reaction score
I did my research, but somethings you don't learn until you own it. I picked up the Handcent app still inferior for group texts and the camera on the Eris takes beautiful photos in lower light situations than the Droid. Droid is a brick of a phone with a lousy keyboard that will fail as word of mouth spreads. Eris is a much better phone, but in my line of work a decent vibrate setting is a must.
Great thing about opinions...they are just that...opinions. Enjoy your Eris.

Lighter Licker

Reaction score
I just got my Droid last week and I love it! I am just worried about the staying power of it with all these other phones coming out. Anyone else having these concerns?

JayMonster

Reaction score
I just got my Droid last week and I love it! I am just worried about the staying power of it with all these other phones coming out. Anyone else having these concerns?

There is a lot of discussion on Droid vs Nexus One on this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...you-return-your-motorola-droid-nexus-one.html

But to answer your question from my own opinon... No, I am in no way regretting my Droid. Heck, even the Engadget Review of the Nexus One had the Droid coming out on top.

The Droid is a great device, one that will be even better with the 2.1 upgrade, so no, I don't think there is anything lost by going with the Droid over Nexus One.

But that is just my opinion of course.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ I'm in agreement with Jay. Nexus is a sweet device, but it's not making me regret the Droid. Technology advances so fast we all knew there'd be something new. Droid isn't all of a sudden a POS.:) It's still a "bare knuckled bucket of does" :)

Zaric

Reaction score
I tell ya what Iv spent qite a bit of time (you dont want to know how much) deciding between the Droid and the Nexus one. Did lot's of research.

I ordered the droid last night.:icon_ banana:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Nexus doesn't make me regret buying a Droid AT ALL. It is a touch faster and reviews say its not even a noticeable amount faster than the Droid. Besides that I don't see any improvements. The resolution is 54x480 pixels smaller, there isn't a physical keyboard, and it isn't heavy metal with clean lines. I don't like the two-tone coloring of the Nexus either. The only thing I wish the Droid had that the Nexus does is 2.1, which will take care of itself pretty soon. :)

1ofdakoolkidz

Reaction score
You act as if those differences aren't great. Better processor, hardware buttons, Sense UI(IMO), Divx, 720p video recording, ARE YOU READING THIS!!!