Very weird problems the last couple days

Reaction score
My Droid started off this past Friday by opening all of the apps I choose in landscape phone (while I'm holding my phone upright). I'm thinking that something might be wrong with the accelerometer but I'm not sure. It goes back and forth opening applications with the "correct" orientation and not.

I had very weird problems yesterday. I got an email notification and it was an email from myself that just had random letters in it which I didn't send.

One of my friends brought to my attention that I had posted a random string of letters on his Facebook page. Also regarding Facebook, I got a notification this morning that a person who I didn't request friendship had accepted my friend request.

This activity almost seems like something a virus would do and I would like to get it figured out soon. If anybody has any ideas, I'd really appreciate the help!

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hey =)

This sounds like your DROID has some major issues 9on either Operating system
or Hardware, maybe both. You paid for a working phone, and as you described, it isnt.
So return it to the vendor and let them sawp it!

Tigger

JimmyD

Reaction score
Strange issues! That's the first time I've heard of problems of that sort.

Did you try restarting the phone at all? (If so, did this change the behavior at all?)

Do you keep your phone in a pouch or full-cover/case? (I wonder if the screen is getting pressed by a case?)

Did you recently install any apps that are capable of sending messages? (SMS, email, etc.?)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Strange issues! That's the first time I've heard of problems of that sort.

Did you try restarting the phone at all? (If so, did this change the behavior at all?)

Do you keep your phone in a pouch or full-cover/case? (I wonder if the screen is getting pressed by a case?)

Did you recently install any apps that are capable of sending messages? (SMS, email, etc.?)

Just what I was about to ask, but JimmyD pretty much covered it all!

BurtB

Reaction score
For what it's worth:

Don't know about the orientation problem, but the jibberish emails sounds similar to the problems I and others have had when plugged in to a cheap charger.

I watched my Droid apparently at random activate shortcuts on my home screen, show jibberish input, go back to home screen, activate another shortcut and do the same. I pulled the plug on it literally when it started to redial a call from earlier in the day (this was at 1:30 AM).

As far as I know this only happens when connected to a substandard charger and I have not had a problem since discarding that charger.

tehpriest

Reaction score

kmonger

Reaction score
Phone Redials Earlier Number

If I end a call and lay the phone down without pressing the return button several times then screen off, it will call a previous number. Usually it's the last number dialed, but sometimes it skips a couple. Very annoying. Only bug I've experienced so far.

Karl
Motorola Droid, 2.1 update 1 and a Jawbone Icon bluetooth

For what it's worth:

Don't know about the orientation problem, but the jibberish emails sounds similar to the problems I and others have had when plugged in to a cheap charger.

I watched my Droid apparently at random activate shortcuts on my home screen, show jibberish input, go back to home screen, activate another shortcut and do the same. I pulled the plug on it literally when it started to redial a call from earlier in the day (this was at 1:30 AM).

As far as I know this only happens when connected to a substandard charger and I have not had a problem since discarding that charger.