Weird Droid Texting

HelpMePlease

Reaction score
My friend has a droid and I have a blackberry curve 8330 both verizon plans. Recently I'll get these weird text messages from him that usually look something like this @L0@ etc. We got into an argument because i kept on asking why he was sending such stupid messages. In turns out he says he wasn't sending these messages and didnt even see them.

I figured it must be his phone because since he switched from the blackberry we've been having this problem non stop. Has this happened to anyone else? Also he'll text me something and I'll get a whole bunch of letters in front of what he is saying so it looks something like this sdafasdfHey whats up.

Its really annoying...I'm paranoid too so does anyone know whats the issue?

zero7starz

Reaction score
Its a problem within Verizon, I believe. If they're long texts (over the 160 characters) its being jumbled when being sent through the network. It used to be a common problem before PDAs but it looks like its still around. Used to happen to me all the time on Verizon, then I've been on Tmobile for years and just semi-came back.

The second part I'm really not sure about- thats not something I've encountered. It might be worth it to you both to call Custmer Care and get to their tech support and ask them.